PROLOGUE (THE FEAR)

In the remote hills of Meghalaya, where mist clung to the emerald landscape and whispered secrets through the trees, lay the village of Umshing.

Nestled between jagged cliffs and ancient forests, this village had stood for generations, its history intertwined with the land's mystique. Stories passed down through ages spoke of enigmatic happenings and shadowy figures that emerged with the falling dusk.

The people of Umshing lived with a cautious reverence for the unseen, respecting the old customs that had kept them safe.

Yet, as the monsoon clouds gathered and the nights grew longer, an unsettling tension began to weave through the community. Hushed conversations and furtive glances hinted at an invisible presence that had begun to stir, a presence rooted deep in the lore of the land.In the dense heart of India's most ancient forest, whispers of an old legend fluttered through the trees.

Elders spoke of an eerie presence that had haunted the land for centuries, a shadow that moved silently among the villagers, shrouded in mystery.

It was said that the forest held secrets darker than night, secrets that had turned vibrant tales of the past into hushed warnings. The village of Ratanpur, nestled at the edge of this ominous woodland, thrived on tradition and tales, each family guarding their own stories and fears.

But beneath the surface of everyday life, an unspoken dread simmered, hinting at the unspeakable and the unseen.

As the monsoon winds began to sweep through the trees, a sense of foreboding grew, pulling the villagers into a web of ancient fears and hidden truths.