THE BROKEN DREAM !

David Roy sat alone in the dimly lit café, the rain outside drumming a relentless beat against the windows. His fingers trembled as they traced the rim of his coffee cup, his mind a maelstrom of grief and determination. He had spent the past few months chasing a story that had become his obsession, a story that had taken everything from him.

 He had spent the past few months chasing a story that had become his obsession, a story that had taken everything from him

David had been a seasoned reporter, celebrated for his courage and integrity. He had reported from war zones, exposed corrupt politicians, and uncovered human rights abuses. But none of that mattered now. What consumed him was the need for justice, the need to uncover the truth behind the horrific deaths of his wife Asha and their eight-year-old daughter, Maya.

The night of the murders was etched into his memory like a scar. David had been on assignment in Delhi, covering a high-profile corruption case. Priya and Asha had stayed behind in Shillong, enjoying the tranquility of their hillside home. The last time he spoke to them, they had been planning a weekend trip to the nearby waterfalls. They had sounded so happy, so full of life.

The call came in the dead of night. It was a frantic, disjointed message from a neighbor, filled with screams and confusion. David’s heart raced as he booked the first flight back to Shillong. He couldn’t shake the feeling of dread that had settled over him.

 He couldn’t shake the feeling of dread that had settled over him

When he arrived, the scene was like something out of a nightmare. The house was swarming with police, the air heavy with the stench of death. Inside, the walls were splattered with blood, and the furniture was overturned. It was clear that a struggle had taken place, but nothing could have prepared David for what he saw next.

Priya and Asha lay on the floor, their bodies mutilated in the most horrific way imaginable. Their limbs had been severed, their flesh torn and gnawed. The sight was so grotesque that David could hardly believe it was real. His knees buckled, and he fell to the ground, a guttural scream tearing from his throat. The police tried to pull him away, but he fought them off, crawling towards his family’s remains. The coroner’s report later revealed that they had been partially consumed, the marks on their bodies suggesting cannibalism.