EPILOGUE

Aahaan sat at his desk in the dimly lit police station, the weight of the past months pressing heavily on his shoulders. The horrors of Umshing loomed over him, a dark cloud that refused to dissipate. He stared at the worn wood of his desk, the memories of his sister's death at the hands of Harshit flashing in his mind. The pain was raw, the loss immeasurable, but the case was closed. Harshit was gone, and with him, a fragment of the evil that had plagued their lives.

The room was silent, save for the faint hum of the ceiling fan. Aahaan's thoughts drifted to the villagers, to the blood-soaked grounds of Umshing, and the grim echoes of the past. His sister's face, her laughter, haunted him, a constant reminder of what had been taken. He closed his eyes, trying to find solace in the fact that justice had been served, even though it came at a great cost.

His reverie was broken by the sudden ring of his phone. He glanced at the screen, noting the official number, and answered. The voice on the other end was formal, detached, yet the news it delivered was life-changing.

"Officer Aahaan Hedge, you have been promoted to Deputy Commissioner of Police and are being transferred to Bhubaneswar. Your new assignment begins immediately."

Aahaan took a deep breath, absorbing the information. The promotion was an acknowledgment of his hard work, a step forward in his career. But it also meant leaving behind the shadows of Umshing, the place where his sister's life had ended and his nightmares had begun.

As he packed his things, Aahaan felt a mix of relief and sorrow. Bhubaneswar was a new start, a chance to rebuild, but the scars of Umshing would stay with him forever. He looked around the station one last time, memories flooding back. Then, with a heavy heart and a resolute mind, he walked out, ready to face whatever lay ahead.