PROLOGUE(THE LOSS)

The monsoon rains fell heavily upon the hills of Meghalaya, shrouding the landscape in a veil of mist and shadow. The state, renowned for its lush forests and cascading waterfalls, held secrets as ancient as the earth itself. Deep within these secrets lay the horror that shattered David Roy's life forever.

David was a seasoned reporter, known for his fearless pursuit of the truth. He had traveled the length and breadth of India, uncovering stories that others dared not touch. But nothing had prepared him for the nightmare that awaited in the remote villages of Meghalaya.

It began with whispers-rumors of disappearances, of travelers lost in the dense forest, never to be seen again

It began with whispers-rumors of disappearances, of travelers lost in the dense forest, never to be seen again. The local authorities dismissed these stories as the work of wild animals or the misfortune of those unaccustomed to the perilous terrain. Yet, David's instincts told him there was more to the tale. When he received a tip about a series of gruesome discoveries-remains found with signs of cannibalistic rituals-he knew he had to investigate.

David's wife, Asha, and their ten-year-old daughter, Maya, often accompanied him on his assignments. They were his anchor, providing warmth and sanity amidst the chaos of his work. Against his better judgment, he brought them along on this journey, reassured by the allure of Meghalaya's natural beauty and the promise of a brief respite from the relentless pace of their lives.

The village of ushming was their destination, a place hidden away from the eyes of the world, steeped in ancient traditions. As they settled into a small guesthouse, David began his inquiries, speaking with villagers and exploring the nearby forest. The deeper he delved, the more he sensed an undercurrent of fear and secrecy.

One night, as the rain lashed against their windows and the wind howled through the trees, the unthinkable happened. David returned from an interview to find their guesthouse ransacked, his family gone. The local police were of little help, their search cursory and dismissive. Desperation gripped David as he scoured the forest, calling out their names into the suffocating darkness.

Days later, his worst fears were confirmed. Deep within a secluded cave, he found the remnants of a ghastly ritual-remains that told a story of unimaginable horror. The villagers' murmurs of old rites and dark ceremonies suddenly made horrific sense. His beloved Asha and Maya had fallen prey to a hidden horror, devoured by a community that clung to ancient, barbaric traditions under the cloak of civilization.

Devastated and broken, David left Meghalaya, his heart heavy with grief and rage. His soul, once driven by a quest for truth, now burned with a desire for vengeance. The world had to know what lurked in the shadows of this picturesque land. Armed with his pen and his unyielding will, David vowed to expose the darkness that had stolen his family, to ensure that no other innocent lives would be lost to the horrors of Meghalaya's hidden cannibals.

In the heart of the city, surrounded by the noise and bustle, David sat in his small apartment, the memories of his family haunting him. The rain outside reminded him of that fateful night, but it also fueled his resolve. He opened his laptop and began to write, his fingers trembling but determined. This was his story to tell, his battle to fight. And he would not stop until justice is served.

 And he would not stop until justice is served