THE BEGINNING OF THE END

In the dead of night, beneath the moon’s cold gaze, Rivaan stood in a shadowy grove, his half-burnt face a stark contrast to the darkness surrounding him. The grove was filled with the scent of damp earth and decaying leaves, and Rivaan’s eyes burned with a feverish light as he meticulously sharpened a long, cruel knife.

His mind was a whirlwind of hatred and vengeance. Images of his mother’s agonizing death, the mocking laughter of Harshit’s father, and the hollow eyes of the villagers who stood by, indifferent, fueled his resolve. He had been planning this night for a long time. Harshit and the others would pay for their sins with their lives.

As he prepared for the final act of his gruesome plan, a rustling in the bushes made him snap to attention, knife at the ready. Out stepped David, his expression a mix of determination and sorrow.

“Rivaan, stop this madness,” David called out, his voice cutting through the stillness.

Rivaan’s eyes narrowed. “What are you doing here, David? This has nothing to do with you. Leave before you get hurt.”

David stepped closer, his hands raised in a gesture of peace. “I can’t let you do this, Rivaan. This cycle of vengeance will only lead to more pain and suffering.”

Rivaan scoffed, the bitterness in his voice palpable. “You don’t understand, David. They took everything from me. My mother, my childhood, my very soul. They deserve to die for what they did.”

David shook his head, his eyes pleading. “I do understand, Rivaan. More than you know. But there’s something you need to hear, something that might change your mind.”

Rivaan’s grip tightened on the knife. “Nothing you say can change my mind. They all must die.”

David took a deep breath, steeling himself for the revelation he was about to make. “Rivaan, Nandini is your sister. And she’s alive.”

Rivaan’s face twisted in confusion and disbelief. “What are you talking about? Nandini can’t be my sister. She’s... she’s dead, isn’t she?”

David stepped closer, his voice gentle but firm. “No, Rivaan. She’s not dead. She’s alive, and she’s been through unimaginable horrors. But she’s your sister, Lakshmi’s daughter.”

Rivaan staggered back, the knife slipping from his grasp as the weight of David’s words hit him. “Nandini... my sister? How... how is this possible?”

David nodded, his eyes filled with sorrow. “Lakshmi was Rajiv Verma’s sister, making Nandini your cousin by blood. When your mother died, Rajiv took her in, trying to protect her from the same fate. But she ended up caught in this web of darkness and violence.”

Rivaan’s knees buckled, and he sank to the ground, his mind reeling. “Nandini... my sister...”

David knelt beside him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. “Yes, Rivaan. She’s been fighting her own battles, surviving against all odds. She needs you, Rivaan. She needs her brother.”

Tears streamed down Rivaan’s scarred face as he looked up at David, the fire of vengeance in his eyes dimming. “I... I didn’t know. I thought she was gone forever.”

David squeezed his shoulder, his voice filled with compassion. “Now you know, Rivaan. And you have a chance to save her, to be the brother she needs. Killing Harshit and the others won’t bring your mother back or heal the wounds of the past. But helping Nandini might.”