30

After everybody finished getting ready inside our hotel room, we all made it to the outdoor pool.

Violet and Alice were lying down and tanning on a chair, and Jasslyn and I were in the pool.

Well more like Jasslyn was in the pool.

I was sitting on the edge with my legs dipped in.

But still.

"Juliannaaa," Jasslyn says dragging out my name.

"Hm?"

"Get inn"

I shake my head no.

"Yes," she says.

"No"

Jasslyn swims towards me and once she gets close enough, she pulls my legs apart from each other and gets in between them while putting her arms on top of my thighs.

"Come onn," she says pouting.

"Say please then maybe I'll think about it," I tell her.

"Pretty please," Jasslyn asks with an attempt of trying to make puppy dog eyes at me.

"Fine,"

"Yay," she says smiling while grabbing me by the waist and pulling me in the pool.

———

After a while of swimming and tanning, Alice and Jasslyn decide to go back to the hotel room.

Leaving me and Violet to spend some time together.

"Violet?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we have a heart to heart?"

"Sure"

"How do you get over your first love," I ask her.

"Hm that's a hard question"

"How do you know if your brain moved on to someone else but your heart stayed with your first love?"

"Well that's an even harder question now," Violet says looking over to make eye contact with me.

"You know that's kind of funny," she continues.

"What is?"

"You're asking me heart to heart questions but usually I'm the one asking questions," she says giggling.

I don't laugh.

I just stare back at her.

"What are you really thinking about Julianna?" She suddenly asks me.

I think about the question before answering.

"Honestly speaking?" I ask her.

"Honestly," she says shaking her head yes.

"Well I used to really like this one girl but she kind of broke my heart and a while later Jasslyn eventually came into my life but I still feel like my heart belongs to my first love and uh I don't know," I say.

"Wait Jasslyn the girl that came on this trip with us right?" She asks.

"My roommates friend yes!" I say.

"Soo the brown haired girl you was swimming in the pool with then?"

"Yeah her"

"Ok well anyways I think you just need to focus on yourself honestly"

"You think?"

"Yeah it sounds like you're either still in love with or just never got over your first love. Either way it sounds like you're just not mentally ready for a relationship and with the way your talking you'll probably end up hurting Jasslyn in the end but you do what you want girl"