Maybe

So far, the road trip has been successful. The Stars beat the Sharks 2-1 a couple days ago, and beat the Ducks 4-3 in OT yesterday. Now, I am sitting with Tyler on the shuttle to L.A.. The boys were still thriving from their previous wins, and felt they had a pretty good chance of starting a winning streak.

Once we reach the hotel, I unpack and then meet Tyler, Jamie, Jordie, and Lehtonen to go sight seeing.

"Hey look who it is!" Jordie exclaims and pulls me into a hug. I laugh as he squeezes me.

"Hey Jordie, I haven't talked to you in awhile. Lehtonen, what's up?" I say and hug him as well.

"Good to see you." Lehtonen smiles. I greet Jamie and give him a hug too.

"Where's my hug?" Tyler pouts and I roll my eyes.

"You were sitting on the bus with me the whole way here."

"Yeah, that doesn't mean I don't like to hug you still." He reasons and I laugh.

"Whatever." I pull him into a hug and he holds me for longer than ten seconds.

"Hey, Chris is coming." Jamie warns us and we pull away from each other immediately. Chris walks by, and eyes Tyler and I suspiciously again. We really need to be more stealthy.

"Well, what are we waiting for. Let's go." Jordie says and we all head out into the streets of L.A.

"Hollywood is an hour away. We should get a cab or something." Lehtonen suggests.

"A cab won't be able to fit all of us. We'll have to split, and then meet up in Hollywood." Jamie says, and the guys all turn to look at Tyler and I expectantly.

"Um, Tyler and I can get our own taxi." I offer.

"Can we trust you two?" Jordie asks, sounding like an overprotective parent, and I roll my eyes.

"We're not teenagers, Jordie." Tyler mutters.

"Okay, we'll see you in Hollywood." Jamie says and they walk down the street to find a cab. Tyler and I search for own and finally find one.

"West Hollywood please." Tyler informs the driver and we are on our way. I play with my necklace mindlessly, and Tyler grabs my hand to stop me from doing so. He guides my hand down to the space between us, and just holds it, rubbing it soothingly.

"I want to get you something too." I blurt and Tyler gives me a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"I want to get you something that's meaningful to you, like my necklace is to me." I tell him and he grins.

"You mean more to me than any present you could give me." He says and I smile.

"You are so cheesy."

"And you are so adorable." He answers, pecking my cheek.

--------
Hollywood was a lot of fun. We visited the wax museum, took pictures next to the stars along the street, and even got to see a movie being filmed. I was sad to have to go back to the hotel, but I knew this wouldn't be my last time in Hollywood.

Once we got back, the guys said goodbye to me, and Tyler walked me back to my room.

"I have practice tomorrow morning, but I'll see you afterwards." He tells me and I nod. Tyler glances around the hallway, and decides it's safe enough to pull me in for a kiss. I place my arms around his neck, and he grips my waist.

"Heather?" I hear an unwanted voice, and my blood runs cold. Oh, shit. Tyler quickly pulls his lips from mine, looking like a deer in headlights. I'm sure I don't look much different from him. Chris stands in front of us, with what I think is a smug look on his face.

"It's not what it loo-" I try to say, but he holds a hand up.

"Save it. I knew something was going on between the two of you." He says, and I suddenly feel very threatened by him. He doesn't say anything else as he walks away.

I am frozen to my spot, and I feel numb. There's no way I won't lose my job. Chris is going to say something, I just know it. How could I be so stupid. Tyler tries to pull me into a hug, but I push him away. He gives me a confused look,

"What?"

"I'm going to lose my job, that's what. And it's all because I made a stupid decision." He looks offended now.

"Dating me was a stupid decision?" He asks and I don't answer for a few moments, while trying to find the right words to say.

"When I first started this job, I told myself I wasn't going to risk losing it. I told myself I didn't want to be with anyone, so there was no way I could get romantically involved with one of the players. Then, I met you and that all changed. You make me not care about the consequence of my actions, and that scares me." I admit. This time when Tyler pulls me into a hug, I don't push him away.

"Since we're admitting things right now, I've never felt so connected with someone. I want you to know that you mean so much to me. And I'm sorry for putting your job on the line, it was selfish of me. I just knew I couldn't let you go, because I will never feel the same rush or happiness I feel with you, with anyone else." He holds me close and I cry into his shoulder.

"You know what the funny thing is? I'm about to lose my job, but I don't even care. At least now we don't have to be a secret." I whisper and Tyler tilts my chin up and leans in, kissing me softly.

"You're adorable, you know that?"

"You won't let me forget it." I say, and Tyler wipes a few tears from my face.

"Maybe Chris won't say anything. He might care about you enough to keep you around." Tyler says hopefully.

"Maybe." I reply. We'll just have to wait and see.