VII | apologies and best friends

Vihaan lay unbothered when the doctor narrated how he had nearly overdosed and died. He had taken a handful of pills and gulped them with alcohol and all of it had made him both insane and a step closer to death.

He sat on the bed of the premium room of the fanciest hospital and lay in wait for the woman he clearly wanted with him. He knew it was hopeless to expect her to be here with him, but if anyone genuinely cared about him - it was her.

The last time Vihaan had been admitted in the hospital for getting in an accident - a story for later - Meera had gone batshit crazy. She was on her toes, crying and yelling - both at the same fucking time. She never left his side, stayed holding his hand the entire night and made sure that he always had her with him.

It was a long time since any human had cared for him. He was so used to being aloof and on his own, he had forgotten how overwhelming it felt to have someone to be there for him.

So now that no one was there, Vihaan did not bother to listen to the doctor and the nurses as they explained him with the to-dos and don'ts. He was going to go home and open another bottle of hard liquor and gulp it all down.

Why should it matter to anyone, he was meant to be alone and aloof. He chose this lifestyle for himself, so it definitely did not and should not bother him that he had no one with him when he nearly died.

A near-death experience.

That was what they called him.

A missed opportunity.

That was what Vihaan called it.

Might as well be dead and move on with it.

"Here is the file, it contains all of the important medication list and the things you need to do to get back to normal." The doctor was trying his best to not be bothered by Vihaan's nonchalance, but even he could not understand why the man gave no two fucks about his own health. "Mr. Chauhan, you had been mandated to attend the weekly therapy and counselling sessions. Court's orders for OD cases."

Vihaan rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "I am not going to."

"You have to. You won't be cleared until you take them."

"How much for you to clear it for me?"

The doctor hesitated. He watched the arrogant millionaire raise his eyebrows. "How much is your life worth?"

"Negative. But my name is worth millions. Let me spare some change for you."

The doctor shook his head. It did not matter to him because clearly it did not matter to Vihaan either. So he handed the file to him, "at least have the medications on time."

Vihaan grunted, reaching out to take the file from the doctor's hand only for it to be snatched away by another arrogant millionaire.

"I will make sure he eats all the medications and attends the mandated sessions."

Shaurya Arora cheekily smiled at the doctor and then at Vihaan who frowned in response.

"And you are?"

Shaurya raised his arm and wrapped it around the stiff man. "The love of Vihaan's life, his only family and friend. Shaurya Arora." He raised his hand and the doctor shook it. "The most prominent builder of Arora Constructions, here's my card."

There were two of them, the doctor shook his head, nevertheless he pocketed the card. He left after instructing the nurses and once he was gone, Vihaan slapped Shaurya's arm away from him.