VIII | day zero

VIII | day zero

Meera Rai had never been so disgusted as she was the day she met Vihaan Singh Chauhan.

An arrogant misogynist who certainly thinks that women are beneath them. 

The first thing she did after their meet was delete her profile from the matrimonial site and uninstall the application. The second thing was of course ready herself for a long night of the work she missed out because of the ridiculous man who made her wait for an hour, wasted both her time and her money and ruined her fucking mood.

It was very difficult for Meera to be upset at something. Especially with the way she ranted to Inayat that evening about the ex-politician's son who made her want to rip her hair off her head.

"I have never seen you so worked up, jaan." Inayat laughed over the call and Meera was infuriated to say the least. "Wow, I have to meet this man who made you so riled up and thank him."

"Thank him?" Meera scoffed, typing furiously over the laptop. She had to still prepare for her class for the next day and it was closer to midnight now. "Badtameez raeeszaada hai woh."

Inayat chuckled again, much to Meera's despair.

"Is he handsome though?" 

That made Meera to sit back for a moment and remember how Vihaan Chauhan looked.

Tall - but not too tall for her taste - handsome - but more on the brooding style and he had his long hair tied in a tiny ponytail, the way Shah Rukh Khan had in the movie Don-2 and Meera remembered how much she swooned over him. His chocolate brown eyes complimented his cold smile and the clenched jaw he carried around with him to mock at everyone. He had a striking personality with the way he held himself - like he was here to rule over and his one look was enough for anyone to oblige to what he wanted.

Vihaan Singh Chauhan was fucking handsome. 

Not just handsome, he was everything Meera had read about in stories and seen in films. The type of man who could sway your heart away with just one smile, the one who had the power to bring you on your knees. 

she needed to stop reading fictional romance stories and focus at the matter in hand.

"It does not matter if he is handsome, he is pathetic. That is enough for me to get out of there."

Inayat sighed. "All handsome men are pathetic, jaan. They are born with the pathetic-ness. There is nothing to do but find one who is less pathetic and live with him."

Meera sighed in irritation.

"I wish Saad was here, at times like this, I just miss him so much."

"I miss him every second of my pathetic life." Inayat sighed, the kind of sigh which always shattered Meera's broken heart. "That idiot really took the easy way out and is probably laughing at me while I miss him terribly." 

Saad Qureshi was the man who had fallen in love with Inayat Haafiz when she once beat the shit out of a college senior who was eve-teasing her. He was a third year senior of the same college where Inayat was a fresher and he had fallen for her almost instantly with her colorful words and her mufat attitude. 

At times Meera wondered how her best friend fell in love so young, got married and had a kid - a life she never wanted for herself. 

Then she remembered Saad and how beautiful of a human he was and although he ended up giving Inayat a lifetime of pain by leaving early, she knew that her best friend wouldn't have it otherwise. 

"He misses you too." Meera added, she was getting teary eyed simply by talking about the ex-military man. "I am sure that in an alternate universe, Saad Qureshi is terribly missing his Inayat and Naaz."