the court wedding - (1)

Meera was anxious.  

She was slightly anxious when she was readied in a maroon saree which Vihaan had hand picked for their wedding. 

She was very anxious when she stood in front of the court house to get married for the second time.

But she was immensely anxious when it was half an hour past their court appointment and Vihaan had not yet arrived.

So she stood in front of the courthouse. She was scared. A thousand scenarios ran across her mind. She had tried calling him, a hundred times already but to no avail. 

He never left her on read. But that day he did. He dodged her calls and he left her on read. He was not responding to her texts, and he did not bother to call back either. 

She saw Shaurya and Inayat arguing about something. 

She did not bother asking why the two of them were ready to bite each other's heads off. She walked away from them and from the little Shenaaz who was on her cellphone for the entire time. She tried calming her nerves by reminding herself that Vihaan was not like her ex-husband, that he had been in love with her and that the past week had been a fever dream.

The past week. 

Meera felt a pang in her heart.

What if she was rushing into this?

It had only been six days since they had met each other. Only six days and they fell in love. 

The world was created in six days, he told her when he said he wanted to marry her last evening. He told her, he wanted her to be his and that she can take all the time she needed for them to be intimate as long as she was his. 

And Meera had agreed to it.

Why?

Because she wanted to see where it went.

She wanted to see how far would Vihaan go for the love he had for her.

He promised her of a love that would last forever, a love that would go above and beyond the ends of the world, a love that Meera craved for ever since she was little.

Vihaan Singh Chauhan loved her.

So Meera decided to give a man who loved her a chance to destroy her.

The last man she loved had completely ruined her. So she should give the man who loved her a chance too. It had to be a fair game, Meera nodded when she said yes to Vihaan asking her to get married the very next day of his six- day plan. She did not love him, but she could see how much he did and decided to go for it.

Was it all a mistake?

Meera sat on the steps of the courthouse. She adjusted her pretty saree and tied her long hair in a loose bun. The wedding was not going to happen - with the way Vihaan was behaving - but she still waited. She sighed, holding onto the promises he made and looked at the bickering duo, and then at Shenaaz who got away from them because they were too loud for her. 

All hopes were lost.

Vihaan Singh Chauhan had stood her up on her wedding day.

Did she not see this coming? Or was she fooling herself by being naive and immature?

Even then, she did not blame the politician's son. She was ugly - by societal standards - and worse, a divorcee - a woman thrown away by her husband - so double ugly. No sane man would ever marry someone like her, even Meera wouldn't marry someone like her.