Chapter 197: Yes Love

I know you won't be back quite yet, but I get the feeling I'll be writing for a long time so I'm starting now, there was a lot going on today. You were definitely the best part, as you always are. Anyway, the short story is that I think Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater. First of all, in Madam Malkin's, he was really upset when she tried to adjust the left arm of his robe. In the joke shop, I spotted him in the streets alone, which I thought was odd considering he had been with his mother in Madam Malkin's. I mean, you know the Malfoys, they wouldn't let Draco out of sight easily, especially not his mum, considering his dad's in Azkaban. Anyway, Ron and Hermione and I followed him under the invisibility cloak all the way to Borgin and Burkes, and Ron had Extendable Ears so we could listen in. He was asking the owner about repairing something, and then he threatened him somehow, we couldn't see what he did but it shut him right up, and then Malfoy mentioned that Greyback was a family friend to seal the deal on the threat. Hermione tried to go in and get a couple more details about whatever the object was, but she wasn't very subtle about it so that didn't go anywhere. Lucy, I think he's a Death Eater. It was his left arm that Madam Malkin was working on, I think it was the Dark Mark that he showed Borgin, I think maybe he's replaced his dad. Ron and Hermione think I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm right about this. Anyway, I'm sorry for scaring you by leaving unexpectedly, I hope you understand.

I'm just realizing how many times I said "Anyway." Clearly, I'm a great storyteller.

Sorry I'm back so much later than usual, something came up with the twins, let me read everything real quick

No worries, hi Lu

Hi, Harry! That's odd. A sixteen-year-old Death Eater? Malfoy, of all people? I don't know, Harry, but I do agree that seems... a little uncomfortably possible.

Thank you for taking me seriously

The serious/Sirius jokes don't work as well in writing

They really don't

Anyway, yeah, of course, this is odd

Everything alright with the twins?

Yeah, they're alright. For now. They better watch their backs, though, I'm coming for them.

Are you, now? What'd they do?

Time will tell

That's not ominous at all

Sarcasm, on the other hand, works fairly well in writing when it's you. I swear I heard you say that as I read it.

I'm honored, truly, you know me too well

You know me better than anyone else, so I might as well get to know you too even though you're an insufferable git

Very funny, Lu

Ah, there you go again with the sarcasm

What can I say, I know my strengths

🩵💛❤️💜

HARRY:

After bantering back and forth for a couple more minutes, Lucy fell asleep, as evidenced by the one long stripe of ink that suddenly extended across both pages. She had learned to keep her ink farther from her diary, so she didn't knock it onto the pages if or when she fell asleep. She was more likely to fall asleep writing me after the full moon, I'd learned, and it was later than usual. I wrote her a good night before tucking the diary under my pillow and collapsing back onto my bed.