Mocha Coffee

Tang Yue earned nearly two hundred yuan today and came back early after closing her stall.

  There is no movement from the Wang family next door. I guess Cui Erniang hasn't come back from buying ingredients yet. Those ingredients are hard to find, and it will take a lot of effort to get them together.

  She found a bamboo basket at home, lined it with oil paper, put a few date cakes and shaqima in it, put thirty cents in her pocket, and carried it out.

  Zaohua Village is not big. It took a cup of tea to walk there and then to turn into a fenced courtyard.

  A "???" sound came from the yard, and Tang Yue shouted loudly: "Aunt Chai, are you still working?"
The sound of hammering stopped, and an elderly face poked out from the pile of wood. When he saw who it was, the wrinkles on his face relaxed: "It's Tang Yue, come here quickly."

  Old Man Chai is a carpenter who makes a living by his craft. Although his hands look rough and strong, he is actually very skillful. It was he who helped Tang Yue build the stall cart.

  Knowing that the brother and sister were living a hard life, he deliberately only charged them for the wood and did not charge them for the labor.

  Tang Yue placed the food in the bamboo basket on the wooden table, and quietly piled the money in her pocket there. She walked over slowly and looked at the new wooden product made by Old Man Chai.

  It was another stall cart, exactly the same as hers, with the same double-layer structure and a square stove installed at one end.

  "Is this... made for Cui Er Niang?" Tang Yue guessed it immediately.

  Old Man Chai said, "It was made for Cui. It was already dark yesterday. She came to me and asked me to make a stall cart for her. She wanted it to be exactly like yours."

  Tang Yue understood that if Cui Er Niang wanted to set up a stall to do business, she would need a stall cart. Since the food she sold was the same as hers, the stall cart must also be exactly the same.

  Old Man Chai knocked on the wheel and found the bolts were firm, no problem. "She was in a hurry and only gave one day, which means she must push it away tomorrow morning no matter what."

  In a hurry to make money, he rubbed the old man hard. Looking at the old man's sweaty clothes, he must have been busy all day.

  Tang Yue asked faintly: "Why is it so urgent? Have you given the money?"

  "Yes, I paid for the wood." Old Man Chai said vaguely.

  "What?" Tang Yue thought she had misheard, "You're not going to pay for the labor?"

  Old Man Chai said, "You don't know Cui, how can you not take advantage of it?"

  Tang Yue understood. Cui Erniang must have seen that Chai Aong had waived her labor fee, and she used the excuse that they were "fellow villagers" to insist on waiving the labor fee for her as well.

  But the relationship is different, and the closeness between fellow villagers is also different.

  When the two elders of the Tang family were still alive, they would bring food to visit the lonely old man during the holidays. When Tang Yue was a child, he also liked to crawl around on the pile of wood.

  Old Man Chai has no children or grandchildren, so he treats Tang Yue as his granddaughter.

  What kind of relationship does Cui Erniang have with others?