Almost #4

ALMOST ENOUGH #4

Sharyn’s POV

I pulled my bandana from the rack and quickly tightened it around my head while hurrying down the stairs, struggling to move quickly in my heels and tight high-waisted beige skirt. Just as I was about to head out the main door, Yaya came running after me because I had left my tote bag behind.

"Oh, sorry, Yaya! And thank you! Gosh, my case digest is here." I grabbed the bag and dashed out of the house.

I heard Yaya call out, "Sha, dahan-dahan. Baka matapilok ka pababa ng hagdan.”

"Bye, Ya! I'll be late later!" I yelled as I immediately ran to the gate where my driver was waiting for me.

Mabilis akong sumakay sa backseat at saka nilabas ang codal at notebook ko. I was still feeling dizzy from jet lag since I had just returned from Paris four hours ago. I attended Owen’s first ever huge exhibit, as promised.

Inaantok pa ako pero kailangan kong pumasok sa klase. It’s Monday and I cannot afford to miss Commercial Laws. Ang kaso nga lang ay hindi ko natapos ang coverage kaya naghahabol ako ngayon.

“Kuya Jo, skip the main road please. Can’t be stuck in traffic ‘cause I am running late na,” I told my driver without looking.

Hindi siya sumagot pero inabot niya sa akin ang coat na ipinatong ko naman sa hita ko.

“Thanks, Kuya,” sabi ko. Pamilyar ang pabangong gamit niya pero hindi ko na masyadong pinagtuunan ng pansin. Baka bagong bigay ng brother ko sa kanya.

I was already panicking to even start a conversation with him like I usually do.

What if I get called for a case I wasn’t prepared for? Can’t afford to have singko.

Buong biyahe ay nakasubsob lang ako sa libro ko para magkabisa ng mga provisions. The ride was also smooth so I was able to write my notes.

I was so occupied that I didn’t notice we had already arrived at the school until Kuya Jo opened the car door. Mabilis na inayos ko ang mga gamit ko at lalabas na sana nang marinig ko ang pamilyar na boses.

“I’ll pick you up later, Latisha.”

“Hunter?” My eyes widened as I looked up and saw Hunter. He was wearing a white Ralph Lauren button-down shirt, white trousers, and white loafers.

He extended his right hand to help me out of the car while using his other hand to take my bag.

“Oops, be careful.” He caught the coat just before it fell.

Oh, it was his coat and his perfume that I was smelling?

“Did you change your perfume?” I blurted.

“Not really,” he replied to me. Kinuha ko sa kanya ang sling bag saka tote bag ko nang makababa na. “And you’re just noticing now?” ani niya na may pagtatampo sa boses.

“You did. It is no longer Jo Malone,” I responded.

“It is Jo Malone in normal days…”

“Normal days means?” I raised.

“Means that I am not with you,” he grinned.

My mouth circled. “You mean that new scent is for me?”

“Yes, to seduce you.” He chuckled.

I bit my lower lip to suppress my emotion that’s trying to betray me.

“Kidding aside, it’s for you to easily know that it’s me. A lot of people close to you are using Jo Malone. At least, I am the only one using Creed. Also, this is really my scent.”