♪ 16

Jaehyun sat alone in the practice room, his body heavy with exhaustion. The faint hum of the air conditioner was the only sound breaking the silence, a stark contrast to the bustling noise that typically filled the room. He leaned his head back against the mirror, closing his eyes as he tried to block out the relentless thoughts swirling in his mind.

For as long as he could remember, Jaehyun had poured his heart and soul into his job. Music had been his refuge, his way of expressing emotions he couldn't quite put into words. He loved the rush of performing, the connection he felt with the audience, the thrill of creating something meaningful. But lately, the joy he found in his work had been overshadowed by an ever-growing frustration.

It wasn't that he didn't appreciate the attention and admiration he received. He was grateful for his fans, for their unwavering support and love. Yet, as time went on, he couldn't help but feel trapped by the image they had built around him.

He was Jaehyun, the idol, known for his visuals. His looks were praised, his charm celebrated, but often at the expense of his true passion.

He had worked tirelessly to hone his skills, spending countless hours perfecting his vocals, his dance moves, his stage presence. He wanted to be recognized as an artist, someone who contributed to the music he loved so deeply.

But no matter how much effort he put in, it seemed like his appearance was all people saw. The world seemed more fascinated by his smile and his perfectly styled hair than by the music he created with his bandmates.

The frustration had been building for months, slowly chipping away at his confidence. Each compliment about his looks felt like a reminder that his hard work went unnoticed. He couldn't shake the feeling of inadequacy, the fear that he would never be seen for who he truly was—a passionate, dedicated musician.

The door to the practice room creaked open, and Jaehyun opened his eyes to see Taeyong standing in the doorway, concern etched across his face.

"You okay, man?" Taeyong asked, stepping inside.

Jaehyun forced a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Yeah, just needed a moment."

Taeyong nodded, not entirely convinced. "You've been pushing yourself pretty hard lately. Maybe you need a break."

"I know," Jaehyun sighed. "It's just... sometimes it feels like no matter how hard I work, people only see one side of me."

Taeyong sat down next to him, his expression understanding. "I get it. It's tough being in the spotlight. But don't forget that your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. We see it, and your true fans see it too."

Jaehyun nodded, appreciating Taeyong's words but still feeling the weight of his frustrations. "Thanks, hyung. It's just been a rough day."

"I know," Taeyong said, giving him a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Just remember you're not alone. We're all here for you."

As Taeyong left the room, Jaehyun pulled out his phone, scrolling through messages and social media posts. He saw the usual comments about his looks, the heart emojis and declarations of love for his appearance.

It was overwhelming at times, this constant barrage of superficial admiration. He knew it came from a place of love, but it often left him feeling unseen, like his true self was hidden beneath the surface.

In a moment of impulse, he sent a message to Yunhee. She had a way of understanding him that few people did, seeing beyond the idol persona to the real Jaehyun beneath.

Princess 👑

Hey, are you doing anything later?