Boundary

Binākwé 1st
Kala’maílaō
17:30

~Cara~

How is this possible?

We camped almost immediately after leaving the desert. It was dark and cloudy, so I didn’t get a look around when we left it. There’s some sort of field, shield, or barrier we had to pass through to get to this spot. It took five nauseating minutes, and all of us were exhausted after passing through the barrier. That was shortly after 7 in the morning. We rested ten hours before deciding to come out and looking around.

Looking back from where we came, I’m floored! The contrast reminds me of the pictures of the Amazon where it’s been stripped away. There’s vast golden sands and red layered rocks illuminated by a cloudless blue sky. The barrier zone is a strange brown rocky area with low-laying multicolored scrub brush. There’s a white powdery film on the plants. I need a sample to see if it’s a fungus, mildew, or part of the plant.

We’re in a forest with huge trees. They look like they’re a cross of redwood and banyan trees. Most of the trunks have a hollow. Our tent and wagon fit inside one easily. There’s room enough for all our wagons, 1/3 of our pulling animals, or all our tents. The inside is well protected from the elements, and the temperature stays around 72°F (~22°C).

The forest floor is covered in large groups of colorful flowers, ferns, and short bushes. Not far from us is a cobblestone road with thick, deep green forest moss growing between the stones. I see orange, red, and purple flowering ivy growing in spots where sunlight streams through. Everyone looks at me and smirks before grabbing gear to document and gather samples for me. I can’t wait for the others to get here!

We noticed that getting to Faemála’s Realm was a little more difficult now. We became nauseated, tired, and dizzy. We tested our portal abilities to other Érishu Tí locations, and there weren’t any problems. There’s something about the desert that made it easier to get to Faemála but it's impossible to go anywhere else. Strange.

“Laē Neräjede Níssë Kona is up this road. If it wasn’t so early and we had energy, we could have gone there already.” Iíaza whispers excitedly. “My family told me about it.”

“What does it mean? My brain hasn’t translated that yet.” She giggles while trying to tell me.

“The… The Rage…Raging… BWAH-HA-HA-HAA! The Raging Gnome Woman!” I start laughing, trying to imagine where a name like that came from. I can just imagine a little woman going all angry ninja on people who cross her. With all the huge people around this planet, it's even funnier! I want to see her flip a large guy.

“What are you two going on about over here?” Amanda asks. People start wandering over.

“Do-do you know,” I try to calm my laughing, but imagining the 4’2” pink haired girl I went to school with flipping one of the Ash’A Jheili keeps popping in my mind. “Sarah! I just…”

“Who is Sarah?” Fraí asks.

“One of Cara’s classmates. Sweet girl, very shy. Cara tried to make friends with her, but she was massively introverted. She was this tall and had long pink hair.” Mum gestures. “They live on the land we bought up. She isn’t good with change and didn’t want her stressed.”

“Here, she would be called a níssë. She is more proportional than most with dwarfism.” Larry adds. I’m calming down finally. Even though we couldn’t become “friends,” I was still protective of her, and we were cordial. It was what she could handle. I don’t like people talking about her for some reason.

“Apologies. The pub’s name is The Raging Gnome Woman. All I could picture was Sara flipping a huge guy and going angry ninja on people.” My family is stunned for a moment before they think about it. Larry shivers and nods his head.