Chapter 7

|Makayla|

I woke up in the hospital attached to a bunch of machines. What was going on? I tried to remember what happened before all this. I was waiting for Nash to go on a date... And then saw him and Stacy through his window. Then it all flooded back to me. Nash had cheated on me with Stacy sternfert. Anger floods through me, hate for Nash and hate for Stacy.

But how did I get into the hospital? I knew I had a really bad cough and some terrible chest pains. I was very weak almost all the time but that didn't seem that bad to end up in the hospital.

I looked around the hospital room trying to find someone to give me some answers. Just as I was about to call for someone my mom and little brother come into the room crying. "Oh my goodness, you're awake! Baby I'm so sorry." my mom kept saying through tears as she rubbed my head. "W-what's goi-going." I tried to ask what's going on but was restrained to due to my chest pains.

"No please don't talk it'll only get worse." My mother said as she tried to wipe her tears away. Tyler stood in the corner all quiet with tear stains all over his eyes. I give my mom a confused look and she bursts out into tears again. A doctor comes in and looks at me and my tear faced mom with sorrowful glances. "Should I tell her the situation?" The doctor asks my mom with a frown. My mom nods and turns away from the doctor placing her hand in mine and giving it a tight squeeze.

"Unfortunately you have been diagnosed with stage two lung cancer. You have stage IIB lung cancer which describes a tumor that has spread to the lymph nodes. Sometimes this tumor can be removed with surgery, and other times, more treatments are needed."

My heart shatters into pieces as she speaks these terrible words. The only words I hear are lung cancer. I couldn't even process it through my brain. Tears streamed down my face and my mom and Tyler pulled me into an embrace. I cried into their shoulders until I couldn't shed another tear. My mom finally pulled away after what seemed like hours. "All your friends are here. They came to see you." My mom says as happily as she can even though I know she is dying inside.

I couldn't even speak I looked straight ahead at the wall and just nodded my head. I didn't care who came. There wasn't any point in them trying to comfort me. I had a chance of dying, and I'm scared to know how high of a chance.

Minutes after my mom and the doctor talked my family and the doctor left to give me and my friends some time alone. Someone came into the room but I didn't know who. My eyes haven't left the wall right in front of me. The door shuts and I hear footsteps coming toward me.

Arms wrap around me and crying can be heard from them. "Oh my goodness Makayla."  Amanda's voice fills the room as well as her sobs. "Your gonna be okay. Everything's going to be okay." She says as she hugs me tighter and tighter. We stay like that until she has to leave to let the next visitor in.

My eyes haven't left the wall yet and my vision is getting quite blurry, but I don't want to face the reality of this. The door opens and shuts and footsteps echo through the room. "Makayla." Nash's voice fill my ears. I suddenly take my eyes off the wall to see Nash standing there with baggy eyes from lack of sleep and tear stained eyes. He must have stayed up all night for me, but as much as I appreciate it, he cheated on me.

He comes closer and tries to hug me but I push him away. "Makayla I know you saw me and Stacy but I can explain!" I glare at him. "There's nothing to explain." I manage to choke out at him. "Please Makayla I love you so mu-" he try's to say but I cut him off. "GET OUT!" I scream feeling nauseous. My head hurts and the room starts to spin. My machine starts beeping like crazy and he looks so sad as he starts to cry and calls a doctor to help me.

That's all I see before I black out.