Chapter 15

*the next morning*

I woke up in the hospital bed and I couldn't feel my body. I slightly sat up and my mom came in.

"how are you honey?" she said.

"I'm fine" I said in a raspy voice.

"Well, I have good news and bad news, which one first?"

"Bad news" I said sighing.

"Well, the bad news is you might need a fourth surgery on Tuesday of next week, and the good news is-"

"wait what? A fourth surgery?" I said trying to scream but ended up just talking

"I'm sorry honey this surgery didn't go so well" my mom said getting ready to cry

I was holding in my tears.

"I'm sorry, this is all my fault, I should've taken you to the hospital when your coughing started" my mom was hysterical crying now

"Mom, none of this is your fault" I said and she gave me a huge hug.

"I love you so much Makayla" my mom said

"I love you too mom"

then someone knocked on the door.

"Hey, can I come in?" Nash walked in and his eyes were all red and puffy.

"Come here Nashy" I said and he gave me a hug.

*******

Its been a week since I've been in the hospital and Nash hasn't left. He's been wearing the same clothes and he is starting to smell, so I made him go home and get some clothes because I might be at the hospital longer and he told me he isn't leaving the hospital until I leave the hospital.

I've had three surgeries and the fourth one is tomorrow and it is supposed to be the worst. My mom told me that I could die so easily from this surgery so if I want to live, I'm going to need a miracle.

"Hey babe, how are you?"

"I'm scared for tomorrow. What if it goes bad and I-"

"MAKAYLA!! please do not say that" the whole hospital probably heard him scream my name

two nurses rushed in to make sure I was ok but Nash told them I was fine.

"Makayla, I love you so much I am never going to let anything bad happen to you"

"Promise?" I asked, tears coming down my face.

"I promise." Nash said and kissed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. Thank you all so much for reading our book. We will keep you guys updated:)