Chapter 12

Hey guys it's Dayna and Yasmin and we just wanted to thank you so much for reading our book! We have 165 reads! We can't believe we have that much. But anyways we hope you enjoy this chapter! :)
********

*Makayla*

After I saw Amanda and Stacy hanging out like best friends I ran to my house and locked myself in my room sobbing into my pillow, hugging it close to my chest.

At that moment I had never felt so alone. All those comments on Twitter hating on me and now even my best friend ditched me. What's going to happen next? I wiped the tears from my eyes and went into the bathroom to wash my face with cold water.

I lay in my bed my phone close to my face just scrolling through social media. I decided to text Nash to get rid of my boredom.

Makayla: hey nashhyyy whatcha doin :)

After five minutes of playing a game on my phone he replied.

Nash: hey babe ❤️ nothing much super bored lets hang.

Makayla: yay! Okay come over to my house so we can watch a bunch of movies and eat ice cream!

Nash: haha okay I'll be there in a few.

I go up to my room to look at least a bit presentable because I looked like a nightmare with dark bags under my eyes from tears and knotty hair. I take a shower and brush through my tangles putting my hair into a side braid.

I put a little concealer under my eyes to hide the bags and change into some sweatpants and a tee shirt. As I was pulling the shirt over my head the doorbell rang so I quickly pulled it on and ran down the steps.

I pulled the door opened and there stood Nash in all his glory. He looked great as always and I pulled him into my house with a tight hug. I decided I would tell him about Stacy and Amanda.

We decided to watch expelled because one of his best friends was in it. It still amazes me that this beautiful boy in front of me was famous and millions of girls would die to be me. I put it to the back of my mind and Nash pulled me into his arms as the movie started.

*******

After the movie, which was one of the best I've ever watched. I decided it was a good time to tell Nash about Stacy and Amanda. "So Nash..." I said getting his attention. He looked up at me with a smile motioning me to continue speaking. "I was at the park today.. And I saw Amanda and Stacy hanging out together like they were best friends." I said as he looked at me with a shocked and confused face.

"They were also being rude to me... I was so shocked Amanda would do that to me I was in tears for hours. I just wanted to tell you that." I said with a frown. I was on the verge of crying again and Nash could tell. "Aw it's okay Kayla." Which was a nickname some people called me. "Just don't worry about them they are just jealous if you ignore them they'll finally realize you don't care." He said pulling me into a warm embrace. I was so glad that I had Nash. I hugged him tighter and we stayed like that for a few minutes before he pulled away to tell me something.

"Oh yeah Makayla my close friend, Shawn, is a singer and he has a concert that I would like to take you too. All my close friends are going to be there I'd love for you to meet them." He said with a nervous smile.

"Of course!" I practically screamed. "When is it?!" I said excited. "This Friday." He said laughing at my enthusiasm. Today was Sunday and I was beyond excited for the concert. We watched another movie and Nash soon had to leave. My mom came home from work along with my brother who she had picked up from a sleepover along the way.

"Hey sweetheart." She said kissing my fore head and going into the kitchen to cook dinner. My brother took the TV away from me without asking and switched to his video games. I rolled my eyes and joined my mom in the kitchen. She was boiling pasta on the stove and I helped her by making the garlic bread. After it was all cooked we all sat Down and ate the meal which was like heaven in my mouth. After dinner I helped my mom with the dishes and putting Tyler to bed and ran up to my room to get ready for school the next morning.

*********

I grabbed my books from locker so I can head to history as I was shutting my locker Nash came up to me with a smile. "Hey babe" he said as he pecked my lips as I smiled and started to blush. He walked back to his class and I turn around to see Stacy glaring at me. I look up at the hallway but Nash was already long gone. I have a feeling this isn't going to be good.

Stacy stomped over to me Amanda following close behind with an angered look. I still couldn't believe after all these years Amanda would just backstab me like that. Stacey's voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Look here you brat." She said sending shivers down my spine. "Stop flirting with Nash because he is mine!" She practically screamed in my ear. "He did kiss me after all." She continued with a smirk. I wouldn't believe any word that came out of that mouth of hers. I decided to stand up to her for once. "Hmm Stacy I don't know if you've realized or not but Nash is dating me... Not you." I said with a laugh. She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Your going to regret this Makayla. You really are." With that she turned on her heel and stomped down the hallway, Amanda following close behind.

I smirked at my win and took my books to go to history so I wasn't more late than I already was.

********

The week passed by with Stacy sending glares anytime me and Nash were together and it was really but I just ignored her like Nash had told me to.

It was currently Friday afternoon and I was getting ready for the concert Nash was taking me too with all of his friends. To be honest I haven't really listened to Shawn so I'm excited to see what he has in store for me.

I changed into some black jeans, grey shirt, and a grey beanie to match. I curled the ends of my hair and slipped on my black vans. I grabbed my phone and stomped down the stairs as the doorbell rang. "Mom I'm leaving!" I screamed throughout the house as I opened the door.

Nash smiled as he saw me. "You look beautiful makayla." He said as my cheeks went red. "You look good yourself." I said as he grabbed my hand and we made our way towards his car.

*********

Shawns singing was amazing. I fell in love with all the songs he sang. He was getting near an end and so far my favorites were aftertaste, kid in love, and a little too much.
He was singing his last song and Nash's hand was in mine and our eyes were on Shawn as he strummed his guitar. "Our last song tonight is called air and I'm excited to sing it to you all." He said as an unfamiliar girl joined him on stage. Shawn began singing the song and I knew this one had to be my favorite.

"Never thought that we would end up here,
Should've know it from the start.
I know you mean it when you say you love me.
But we're trying way too hard."

The girls voice suddenly fills the room and she is absolutely amazing.

"Used to think that we would last forever,
How could I've been so wrong.
Never thought I'd be the one to say this
What if our time has come and gone"

During this part I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach and couldn't find myself to look at Nash when I heard the lyrics. Suddenly they both started singing creating the perfect harmony

"You, you don't mean no harm.
But your stringing me along and I don't have the time to spare
And I, I'm trying hard to breathe
But your suffocating me, this time I'm coming up for air."

I turn to Nash to find he is already looking at my with soft eyes. I step closer to him and he pulls me into his arms and we stay that way as the song soon comes to an end.