Chapter 10

*the next day*

I woke up and got ready for my day back at school. I was excited to go back but also scared that I would be treated differently because everyone knew I had cancer.

I picked up Amanda as usual and drove off to school. She told me we had a new student and then grinned but I expected it to be some random person so I just ignored her and kept driving.

When we walked into school everyone was hugging me and asking if I'm okay and stuff like that. I thanked them and just walked into class. It was getting on my nerves because every two seconds someone would speak to me. The teachers were also acting as if I died and came back to life and couldn't do any work. Amanda and I sat down next to each other and started talking about our love life.

Now that I'm dating Nash, Amanda and I never get to hangout so I don't know whats going on with her. She is dating Matthew Espinosa who is Nash's  friend and now that were both in a relationship we started planning a double date and then the bell rang so we got ready for class.

"Before we begin, we have a new student joining us today." my teacher, Ms. Randall reminds us.

Amanda looked at me with a smirk and I knew something was up.
"What is going on?"  I ask her suspiciously. "You'll see" she replies and looks at the door.

I looked up at the door to see Nash walk in with his backpack.

My eyes lit up and I smiled.

He sat next to me and we started talking during the whole class.

"How did you switch schools?" I asked him, happy we could spend more time together.

"It took a lot of studying and tests but I would do anything for you Makayla!"

"Thanks Nash" I smiled and looked up at the teacher, writing down notes as he talked.

****

The day went by pretty fast and Amanda and I were getting ready for our double date tonight and we couldn't wait.

Nash and Matt picked us both up and we went to an arcade. I had so much fun with Nash, Amanda, and Matt. Amanda told me Matt was a great guy and I finally believed her. He was so funny and I could tell he was caring when he won a teddy bear and gave it to Amanda.

When they drove us home Nash and I went to his house to hangout for a little while.

"I had a lot of fun tonight" I told him with a smile.

"Me too" Nash said and our lips attached once more as they moved in sync.

After we finished watching Netflix he offered to drive me home but I wanted to walk home. I walked home and took a shower and changed into my pajamas.

I thought about how much I loved Nash and drifted off to sleep