Dressing Room

Entering the mall, the duo were unsure on where to start. They began fantasizing the toy section from afar. "Why don't we go in there!" Exclaimed Henrietta. Although Ralph was tempted, they had a mission to complete, a dress. "Maybe another time, let's go get what we need." Said Ralph, Henrietta gave a loud sigh in response.

They stumbled upon a flashy looking store that sells dresses from all sizes and colors. "Let's go in here!" Said Ralph, holding Henrietta's wrist and leading her inside. "See anything you like?" He asked.

Henrietta seemed 'iffy' about entering the store, even if she was a girl, it felt wrong being present in a place where everything was so girly. Henrietta scrunched her face, she saw many other women enter the store, her heart beat got faster, she felt so out of place. Ralph noticed the sudden change of his best friend, he immediately led her into a more isolated spot to ease her down, no questions asked, he didn't want to make her more uncomfortable.

"How about I look for something?" Suggested Ralph, giving her a warm smile to calm her down. Yet, she was still looking around the store, eyeing the females. "I'll be back." He said and with that, he quickly started looking for a dress.

While Ralph was gone, Henrietta sat on a bench not so far from her. She unconsciously began bouncing her leg and fidgeting with her hands while maintains her focus on her shoes. 'When'll Ralph come back?' It hadent even been a minute and she already missed him.

"Henrietta!" Called out Ralph, holding a blue dress, "Look!" Henrietta's eyes widened, seeming surprised from the pick, she knew she was there to pick out a dress but the thought of putting it on made her feel disgusted. She rolled her eyes, got up and grabbed the dress. "Alright, alright, I'll be back." She said while walking towards the changing room, Ralph followed behind her but stayed outside to wait. "Stay there, don't leave." Said Henrietta, shutting the door.

'It's been about 5 minutes and she still hasn't come out yet.' Ralph sighed, feeling bored. He slouched on his seat while he waited. The more time ticked the more bored he got.

He got up from his seat and walked to the door where Henrietta was changing at. He hesitantly knocked on the door, hoping it wouldn't piss her off as she usually would. "Are you done yet, Henri—"

In an instance, Henrietta forcefully pulled the male into the room with her, his face hitting the mirror in the room, he was quick to shut his eyes. "What are you doing?!" He yelped, Using his arms to cover his eyes, not wanting to get flashed.

"Ralph, I need your help!" She whispered—yelled. She saw how the other was still tightly shutting his eyes, she was confused at first but caught on as to why he might be limiting his sight. She blushed from the thought.

She grabbed his arms and slowly led them down, signaling she wanted him to look, yet his eyes were still shut. "I have clothes on." She sighed with half lidded eyes, with that, Ralph looked at her. "Oh, yeah, I know." He awkwardly smiled. He then looked around, "what do you need help with?" He asked.

Henrietta turned around and showed him the corset that came with the dress. "I can't tie these.." She revealed, embarrassed. Ralph chuckled to himself, he grabbed the stings. "I think I might know how to work these," He started while staring at her back.

The duo stood up; as they were on the ground previously. "Okay, fix your posture." He instructed, and so she did. "Breathe in, because I'm about to tie these tightly." Henrietta nodded, she breathed in and Ralph immediately tied the strings together, "Ahh!" She yelped, not expecting the pressure on her stomach. Ralph quickly tied a bow behind her back and left it like that. "I'm done, how's it look?" He asked, standing beside her. She looked in the mirror and had second thoughts, she ran her hand across her chest feeling unsure. "I don't know,"

Ralph frowned, noticing her insecurities, he flipped her around, they were facing each-other. Ralph saw her face, she looked shocked from the sudden movement but she also had a hint of sadness, her eyes were glossy as if she was about to cry. Although it was barely noticeable, Ralph insisted she was fine. Without thinking, he tightly hugged her, catching her off guard, her breath hitched. It took a moment for her to embrace the male back, as she was still feeling unsteady, but she deeply wanted a hug, especially from a person that means the world to her.

All of a sudden, she hugged him back roughly, she didn't like being babied, it's bad enough that she's a girl but now being treated like one made her angry. Yet, she still hugged him. Her eyebrows furrowed and her fists clenched harder. They hugged for awhile, before Henrietta pulled away. They were still physically touching, arms wrapped around Each other losely, and gaze kept in tact. Their faces were so close yet seemed so far, they both wanted to affection in a different way.

Ralph was first to pull away, he moved to the side and looked another direction, while Henrietta kept looking at his features. She looked in the mirror and smiled. "Come to think of it, it isn't that bad." 

Ralph smiled to himself, "I'm glad you like it, ready to go buy?"

Henrietta nodded, they both exited the dressing room, catching many glances from customers, most of them with a smirky look. Once they made it to the cashier, Ralph insisted on paying. He knew Henrietta doesn't get much allowance money as she's always mistreating her brother. Only as jokes of corse but her parents would never understand. Ralph happily paid and they left the mall.

Walking back to Ralph's house, he looked over at Henrietta. She still had on the dress, it looked as if she was analyzing cloth. Her eyes were glued onto the ruffles of her skirt. Ralph was happy to know Henrietta didn't feel too bad about her body, he thought she was gorgeous.

He looked back at the side walk, his face was a dark red, he never thought he'd be the one to fantasy over his best friend.