MC - Bodyguard

"That's Midge Campbell!" I hear off in the distance.

"That must be her bodyguard." I hear someone else say.

We had just arrived in a small town in the middle of the desert, called Asteroid City. Well, it wasn't really a town, it was just a few buildings outside of the asteroid that named the city. I was driving Midge Campbell and her daughter, Dinah. Dinah won some award for creating something. Something that makes plants grow faster? I wasn't really sure what she called it, but boy was she smart. And I really admired her for that. Not quite like I admired her mom, though. She was such a great actress. She really knew how to get into character. And she was really kind. She had a great voice too. And not to mention she was smoking hot. And she was great in bed too. But that part was a secret. Not even Dinah knew about us. 

We walked into the small diner in town and sat down. I sat down last, letting Midge and Dinah choose their seats first. I sat on the side of Dinah, as to not get in her way of making friends with the other patrons. I figure she might want to get to know them since she will be spending a few days in this hell hole. 

I look down at my food and before I can react, a man, one of the other patrons in the diner, takes Midge's photo. I silently curse to myself as it's supposed to be my job to prevent occurrences like this. I stand up, but before I could say anything, Midge talks.

"Did you just take my photo?" She asks the man. He replies and introduces himself. His son introduces himself as well and his son, Woodrow, gives a little wave to Dinah.

"I assume you already know who I am. This is my daughter Dinah. And this is my bodyguard, y/n." Midge says. 

"Bodyguard, huh?" The man, Augie asks. I can tell that he clearly has something for Midge, but I won't let that fly. Not on my watch.

"Yeah, she keeps me and Dinah safe and protected. But mostly me. Dinah can handle herself most days." Midge says a little protectively. Protective of both me and Dinah. 

"I didn't know they let women be bodyguards. That's pretty, um, cool."

"Yeah I think it's pretty cool. I got to pick which bodyguard I wanted and so I chose her." You smiled a bit as you loved hearing this story. When Midge was younger, before she was married to her ex-husband and before she had Dinah, she had her big break. She needed a bodyguard, and the agency was lucky enough to let her choose which one she wanted. She looked at the lineup and looked at the clipboard she held in her hand full of each person's resume. It didn't take her long to chose me. I was the only female there. Not that that's why she choose me. After our first date she told me that she thought I was the most attractive one there. She also thought that I had the best resume out of everyone there, and I looked the toughest. I've been her bodyguard since then, and we've been secretly together ever since.

"What are you going to do with that photo of me?" Midge asks Augie.

"If it's any good then I'll sell it to a magazine."

"Show me first. Let me approve it." Midge demands. Their conversation continues, while I sit in silence, jealous of his flirty manner. He tells us that he's a trench photographer, and shows us the scar in the back of his head from where he got hit with shrapnel. It's pretty cool and all, but I can tell that it doesn't impress Midge. She only has eyes for me.

TIME SKIP

We get to our little "cabin room," which is snug for the three of us. I was going to get my own, so that the girls could have their privacy, but Midge insisted that I stay with them. To keep them safe in case anything were to happen. And of course to sneak in little moments of just the two of us when we could, when Dinah (or any others) weren't around. The cabin has two rooms: a bathroom and a living room/bedroom. In the living room there is one queen-sized bed and one couch to sleep on. There is also a little kitchenette and a table with four chairs, along with a small television. I bring all of our luggage inside the room and help the girls unpack. I help Midge unpack, as Dinah likes to do things on her own. She is a teenager, after all. 

Midge and mines hands brush against each others, and we look into each other's eyes. I smile at her, and she smirks back. We know that we can't do anything right now because her daughter is in the room, but later we'll have a chance. 

Once Midge's bags are all unpacked, she flops down on the bed dramatically and I just chuckle at her and smirk. Dinah just rolls her eyes and sighs. I start to unpack my bag, stealing glances at Midge. Dinah, oblivious to all this, continues to unpack her bag, eager to get out of the cabin. Once I'm done putting all my clothes and other items away, I sit down on one of the chairs at the table, watching Midge's chest rise and fall with each breath she takes. 

"Mom, I'm going to go meet some of the other kids." Dinah says, hand on the doorknob.

Midge sits up, resting on her hands, saying, "Wait, we need to figure out sleeping arrangements."

"I am NOT sharing the bed with you again. I am too old for your cuddles Mom. I'll take the couch." 

"Well then where is y/n going to sleep?" Midge asks.

"It's ok. I'll take the floor. I'm sure they have some extra blankets at the front desk." (Or in the vending machines haha) I say, a little disappointed. 

"I can't ask you to do that," Midge says, turning her attention towards me. "You can share the bed with me." She says, hiding her excitement.

"Are you sure? I'm more than fine to sleep on th-"

"Y/n" Midge interrupts sternly. "I said you can share the bed with me." She says as she looks me deep in the eyes. A look that I am all too familiar with. 

"Ok, now that we've got that settled can I go now?" Dinah says annoyingly.

"Yes Dine, you may go. Just stay safe."

"Do you want me to come with?" I ask, knowing that it's my job to protect the both of them, not just Midge. Even though it is mostly just Midge I'm protecting.

"No, of course not! You'll just be an embarrassment." Dinah protests. 

"Ok, well you know where to find us. Have fun! Love you!" Midge yells out while Dinah walks out the door. Midge gets up from the bed and walks over towards me. She comes over and sits on my lap, straddling me. "Now that she's gone, what are we going to do?" She plants a kiss on my lips.

"I think you already know baby girl" I say smirking after pulling away.

A/N: I Promise there will be a part two! And it will contain smut! ;) and it will be in this book, not my smut book. 

Hope you enjoyed!

Please leave me requests! my AO3 is the same user as here, @ Paige_vers and my instagram is @ scarlettsoutset    I also have Tumblr, which is @nats-bottom