Chapter 19

The surroundings were dark. An indistinguishable light source was the only thing giving color to the haze covered rudimentary shapes.

I feel warm...and secure. Where am I? I can't see...

A towering figure game into view. It had a womanly physique shrouded in the haze. They came closer. They blocked out anything else.

Who are you? Why do I want to be close to you?...

"My baby. Darling, why must you wake me with such cries?" a smooth, sultry voice echoed. The tip of a reptilian tail came into clear focus. It was a greyed brown with parts of cream. It swayed overhead like a mobile toy.

I...I recall that voice...so smooth and serene...I miss it...I miss you...

A dark brown paw reached towards the tail. It was disproportional, but soft. It swatted at the target. A chuckle, full of glee softly bounced around the open space. "Cub, it is no time to play."

The tail disappeared. A slender finger of a slightly darker ashen brown took its place. The nail was sharp, long, and painted a dark green hue.

Please...do not go away again...

A black snake with a cream ring around its neck feebly reached up towards the finger. It curled itself loosely around it. The figure reached down with another hand. The colors shifted in the background so that the blackened silhouette was the primary focus. The sound of kitten mewls, and bat wings fluttering bounced in the room.

Everything is heavy...I am not in control...

Humming echoed. It was a soft song with a mysterious tone. A pair of pale green eyes came into focus with the pupil in a slit shape. The surroundings faded away.

No! Not yet...I'm not ready...

Two smaller pairs of eyes joined the larger one as darkness consumed the space. They were the same green color. The mysterious voice whispered, "Sweet dreams, my dear."