twelve

"Hi, good morning!" Hari greeted me with her usual enthusiastic voice. She even waved at me.

"Morning," I muttered plainly.

"It looks like someone's forced to bring himself here," someone pointed out from the far corner. When I followed the voice, I saw a club member chuckling while fixing and tuning his bass guitar. I rolled my eyes and immediately plopped myself on the chair.

"Wow, you even brought your own guitar." Hari clapped her hands in amusement. "So, what are you going to sing?" she asked with curiosity and anticipation. I heaved a sigh and scratched the back of my head, unsure of my chosen song.

"The Shade by Rex Orange Country," she widened her eyes. "Oh my God! That song is good!" I smiled. It's my favorite song.

"Are you ready?" I nodded my head and pulled out my guitar from its bag. I tuned it before joining the band that was already settled in the corner. The practice started, and I felt more alive than ever. Everything seemed to be perfect as I imagined myself in the real scenario. Finally standing before the sea of audience.

I can't wait for Saturday to come. Just wait, Leehan.

"Wow, you guys are killing it!" Jiyo shouted as she offered a water bottle to Hari. "Where's mine?" She smiled.

"Exclusive for Hari only; you get yours. Anyway, you guys need to take a break," she announced.

"Yep, Jiyo's right, you guys rest." Hari followed. I could already feel the sweats dripping from my forehead. My hair had become damp from cold sweat as I brushed it off. "Where are you going Taesan?" Jiyo called me out when I walked towards the exit after wiping my face with a towel. I looked back to answer her.

"Caféteria!" I replied, and she quickly got up from her seat, saying she wanted to join me.

"So, are you really not going to tell me who your crush is?" And now she's at it again. Is this really the reason why she wanted to come with me? Just to ask who's my crush? Really?

"And why are you so curious about it?" I shot back. I walked down the stairs and turned left where the cafeteria is. "It's just fascinating that someone's making you fall this hard." I nearly choked in my own saliva. Was I so obvious around Jiyo that I forgot to hide my feelings?

"So, who is it?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow." And that was already enough for her as she gave me her thumbs up. We made our way to the cafeteria while finally shifting into a normal conversation. There aren't seniors around since most are in their perspective clubs to prepare something for tomorrow. I didn't even get to see Leehan earlier. I texted him, but he told me he'd be at their club room and my other friends told me the same.

I heaved a sigh. I guess I'll just have to wait tomorrow to see him.

As we walked toward the counter, I heard a few laughs coming from one of the tables. I curiously looked around, and my eyes landed on the familiar back of someone. I stopped functioning the moment I saw one of the two girls I'd met in the library yesterday talking and laughing with Leehan. She was laughing while Leehan was saying something to her.

My heart sank at the sight. "So, which of the two?" I jumped out when Jiyo suddenly whispered at me, her eyes looking back and forth between me and Leehan's table.

I didn't even get to answer her. All I could think was, what the hell is happening? I really feel betrayed right now.

"Is it Seola or Leehan?" Jiyo asked again, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. I sighed and turned around, facing the counter as I muttered my order. I simply ordered a sandwich and Jiyo had the same. As we were about to walk to the exit, Jiyo pulled me onto Leehan's table. And despite my full resistance, she was still able to pull my wrist and make me follow her. Damn it.

"Hi guys!" Leehan raised his head, and instantly his smile faded as soon as he saw me glaring at him. Wow, I just hate the fact that he's just easily laughing with her. Wow, that's completely utterly mutterly fucking cool.

"Hi pres!" The girl, who, according to Jiyo, is Seola, waved her hands, but she slowly stopped as soon as she saw me. I raised my brows at her and went back to glaring. Did I not make it clear to her already?

"Is everything okay? I went out for a bit to watch for Taesan's practice." I rolled my eyes as Jiyo explained. We better get ourselves out of here because we're clearly ruining the moment between these two. Jiyo just couldn't read the room, or is she purposely doing this to know which one of them is my crush?

"Taesan, she's Seola, a dance club member." Jiyo had the nerve to introduce me to the girl; I didn't want to even look in her face. I nodded while trying to act cool, despite my whole soul crushing down. I looked at Leehan again, and he was already looking at me.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head. "She's a friend," he explained. What the hell? Is he explaining? And a friend? That doesn't look like it, though.

"Jiyo can we go now?" I tugged the hem of her uniform and pleaded with her secretly with my eyes. Jiyo chuckled and nodded her head. "I'm going to the club room after this and watch your dance so you guys better head back by now." Leehan and Seola nodded.

I glanced at Leehan but he was already bowing and scratching the back of his head. I felt like the whole world had just crashed into me. I felt really heavy with every step I took.

It is too much to expect something when the fate kept telling me I shouldn't?