ninteen

Kim Leehan

"Mind if I sit here?" I glanced up and saw Seola pulling the empty chair and sitting on it. I gave her my casual smile. She's a member of the same club I'm in and we're both casual with each other, although sometimes we don't really talk other than asking about a certain choreo that we're practicing. But lately, I found out through another member that she likes me. And I feel a little bit awkward now that I think of it.

"The practice was tough, don't you think?" She smiled at me, so I nodded. "Yep, and my body hurts a bit," I complained. She chuckled.

"Probably because it's been a while since the last time you performed with us." She replied, and I instantly agreed. I only joined the dance club due to boredom and also with Riwoo's persuasion, that's why I usually don't join their practices unless I really want to dance.

"I'm lucky Jiyo hasn't kicked me out yet." I joked, which was partly half-true since I'm really thankful that Jiyo didn't literally kick me out of the club when I turned down their practices every single time. One time I asked her about this, and she just gave me a shrug and told me the only reason why is because I'm handsome and I have a fanbase that helps our club to be recognized.

Jiyo was really straightforward about it, and she didn't even tell me it was because I'm talented in dancing that she felt like it's a waste to remove me.

Seola laughed. "Well, the dance club wouldn't have this popularity if it weren't for you." She complimented me.

"Not true, though." She glared at me.

"Every girl likes you," she remarked. I almost choked on my own saliva. Why is every girl I know very straightforward? So I just laughed it off. It's just funny to think that yes, girls like me, but the only person I like isn't even a girl, and he doesn't even want to admit that he likes me.

"Should I blame my parents for this face?" I pointed at my face and we both laughed.

"Hi guys!" I glanced up from where the voice came from, and my smile instantly faded when I saw Taesan silently following her behind. And, he's glaring at me. Oh shit, why? He must've thought I'm flirting with Seola. He quickly turned his eyes away from me.

"Hi pres!" Seola greeted Jiyo with a smile, but I saw how she stopped when she looked at Taesan. When I looked back at Taesan, he was still glaring. So that was the reason why Seola stopped.

"Is everything okay? I went out for a bit to watch Taesan's practice." Taesan rolled his eyes. I bit my lip and just looked at him the whole time. There's no way he thinks that I'm flirting with this girl, right?

"Taesan, this is Seola, a dance club member." Jiyo introduced Taesan to Seola. When he glanced back at me, he caught me still staring at him.

"What?" He asked, and I shook my head. "She's a friend," I explained. But it doesn't look like he believed it though.

"Jiyo, can we go now?" He tugged the hem of Jiyo's uniform. Jiyo chuckled and nodded her head. "I'm going to the club room after this and watch your dance, so you guys better head back by now." I nodded. I bowed and scratched the back of my head, trying to suppress my smile when the realization hit me. Taesan is jealous.

When both of them left, Seola slowly turned to me. "Um, I just want to ask something."

I raised my brows at her. "Uh... are... you and Taesan... uh, dating?" I widened my eyes. I almost gasped. How did she know? I mean, not yet, but we will be soon, anyway.

"Y-Yes... I mean... No, really, but yes?" I stuttered and didn't even know what to reply. Seola widened her eyes too. What the hell did I just reply?

"So that's why Taesan said that to us yesterday." She muttered in realization, so I raised my brows in confusion. She looked at me and then looked away.

"We were talking about you yesterday in the library. I-I... well, I know you already know that I like you. So I talked about... my feelings about you with my friend when Taesan heard it. He told us you guys are dating, and that you're his boyfriend." She closed her eyes tightly.

"I'm really sorry, Leehan! I didn't mean to make him jealous today or make him hear that yesterday. If I had known you guys are dating, then I wouldn't have been talking like that." She asked for forgiveness. But all her words became muffled through my ears.

It all just stopped after that one particular phrase. He told us you guys are dating, and that you're his boyfriend. That's the only thing that kept repeating in my mind. I bit my lip so hard to suppress a wide smile. But I failed. I chuckled and fanned myself with my own hands as I started getting sweaty.

Damn, Taesan. So, you're so brave in telling other people that I'm yours but you can't even look me straight in the eye and tell me you like me? That's unfair.

I wasn't able to sleep peacefully that night. I was kicking my feet and giggling like I am a teenage girl while repeating what Seola said about Taesan. I mean, who wouldn't, right? And he even called me his boyfriend. Damn it!