chapter 11

Words count:804
.
.
.
.
~no one's pov

As the bell rang for lunch break, Y/N bolted out of the classroom like a flash, her stomach growling with hunger.

She made her way to the cafeteria and quickly joined the line, scanning the room for familiar faces. Her eyes landed on a boy with purple hair standing a few spots ahead of her. She immediately recognized him-Shinso, her dad's (adult Midoriya) friend in her timeline.

She squeezed her way through the line and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around to see the green-haired girl looking up at him with a big smile.

"Hii, Uncle Shinso," she greeted cheerfully.

Shinso blinked, then remembered her from yesterday. "Yeah, hi. But what are you doing here alone? Where's your parasite?"

"I am not a parasite," came a deep, growling voice from behind Y/N. Shinso watched as Venom's head emerged from behind her back.

Shinso smirked. "Nice to see you too, Venom."

They chatted for a bit while waiting in line, with Venom making the occasional sarcastic comment about the food choices. After getting her tray filled with food, Y/N scanned the cafeteria for a place to sit. She heard someone call out her name.

"Hey, Y/N!" Uraraka waved, sitting at a table with Izuku, Todoroki, Tsuyu, and Iida.

Y/N smiled brightly and hurried over to join them. She plopped down in an empty seat and started eating her lunch, chattering animatedly with her friends.

"So, how are you liking UA so far?" Uraraka asked, smiling warmly at Y/N.

"It's awesome! Everyone is so nice," Y/N replied, taking a big bite of her sandwich. "And the food is way better than I expected."

Todoroki glanced at Venom. "How about you, Venom? Enjoying your stay?"

Venom's head emerged again. "The chocolate here is decent. But the company? Questionable."

"Hey, I'm delightful company," Y/N said, playfully nudging Venom with her elbow.

"You think so, but I've tasted better humor," Venom quipped, earning a laugh from everyone at the table.

After finishing most of her lunch, Iida pointed out, "Y/N, you haven't eaten any of your vegetables."

Y/N dramatically placed a hand on her forehead. "Oh, woe is me! Vegetables are not healthy for my delicate constitution."

Just then, Shinso walked by their table and stopped. "Hey, Y/N."

"Yeah?" she replied, looking up at him.

With a smirk, Shinso activated his quirk. "Eat all your vegetables."

Without a moment's hesitation, Y/N began to shovel the vegetables into her mouth, much to her dismay. Iida gave Shinso a thumbs up, and Shinso returned the gesture with a grin. The table erupted in laughter as Y/N's expression turned sour with each bite.

When she finally finished, Shinso deactivated his quirk. Y/N looked down at her empty plate, a look of disgust on her face. She turned to Shinso, whining, "Uncle, whyyy?"

Venom's evil laugh echoed from behind her. "Because you need to grow big and strong."

Y/N glared at Venom. "Don't laugh too much, or your artificial jaw will fall off."

Todoroki, mid-bite, choked on his food and burst out laughing, causing the rest of the table to follow suit. Even Shinso, still standing beside Y/N, couldn't hold back his laughter.

"You have a point, Y/N," Todoroki said, still chuckling. "Venom does have a lot of teeth to keep track of."

Venom growled playfully. "At least I have teeth. You humans are so fragile."

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Just wait until I draw you in a tutu next time."

"That would be a crime against art," Venom retorted.

"Like your face isn't already," Y/N shot back, smirking.

The table roared with laughter again. Izuku was laughing so hard tears formed in his eyes. Uraraka was giggling uncontrollably, clutching her stomach.

"You two are quite the comedy duo," Kaminari said, shaking his head in amusement.

"Yeah, who needs a TV when we have you guys?" Jiro added, grinning.

Y/N shrugged nonchalantly. "We aim to entertain."

"And to eat chocolate," Venom added.

"Yes, lots of chocolate," Y/N agreed.

As the laughter died down, Aizawa walked by the table and raised an eyebrow at Y/N. "Having fun, I see."

Y/N saluted him with a cheeky grin. "Always, Aizawa-sensei!"

He shook his head, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "Just try to stay out of trouble."

"No promises," Venom and Y/N said in unison, making everyone laugh again.

Lunch continued with more playful banter and stories, the camaraderie at the table growing stronger. Despite the earlier challenges, Y/N felt a sense of belonging with her new friends, and even Venom seemed to enjoy their company in his own sarcastic way.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading (^-^)/