Chapter 20

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Maeve didn't tell Sebastian about the letter from her brother. And she didn't feel good about lying to him. She had told him that she needed go to Hogsmeade to get supplies that Professor Weasley had asked her to pick up. 

He quickly offered to come but of course she denied, telling him he should rest after working all week. He gave her a suspicious look, but he knew her all too well. She would tell him when she was ready. 

She had apparated to just outside the village so that she could enjoy waking in through the gate.  The nostalgia hits her as she remembers her first time walking to this village. With Sebastian being her guide of course. 

He had said something along the lines of wanting to bottle up the magic of this place. She smiled as she walks over the entrance of the bridge. For middle of January its was milder than usual, but she still pulled her red scarf tighter to her face as the brisk wind blew. 

They had just been here a few weeks ago for dress shopping, yet she still felt like it had been ages since she was able to enjoy the mystics of the village. 

She giggles as a couple of what looked to be fifth years whiz by her, chasing some type of enchanted explosive. But the smile on her face faded quickly, as soon as her eyes laid upon the Three Broomsticks. 

Her heart quickening as her feet continue to crunch in the snow towards the tavern. She wasn't going to meet with her brother, but something had made her feel this was far more genuine than their previous interaction. 

She paused with her hand on the door to the bar, she could hear the murmurs and laughter seeping through the door from the customers. With a deep breath and her heart in her throat, she pushed it open. 

Her feet carried her inside where Sirona had made eye contact with her. Maeve gave her a warm smile and a friendly wave but continued to search through the crowd of people. Unusually busy for a Saturday afternoon but then again, most of them were students trying to pass the time. 

Maeve could feel her pulse in her ears once she caught his blue eyes. He was already staring at her. Daniel smiled at her and she walked towards him. Pulling out the chair adjacent to him. 

"You came." Daniel whispered as he slide over the extra mug of butter beer towards her. 

"You seemed to know I was going to." Her lips purse together, her head nodding towards the silver mug. 

"Twins intuition?" He grins up at her and she glares. Daniel inhales sharply before continuing. "I do appreciate you coming." 

"What do you need?" Maeve's voice cuts through, he winces at the iciness in her tone. 

"I want to cure Anne. This isn't who she is." Maeve choked on her drink just as she had brought it to her lips. 

He wants to cure Anne? 

"So why do you need me?" She wipes her mouth on the back of her sleeve. 

"The curse has taken her, if we were to take her pain.. she would be herself." Daniel pleads. Maeve narrows her eyes staring at him. He could have taken her pain this entire time, the entire time they were together. Why on earth would he needs her. 

Then it hit her, Marvolo couldn't know. 

"He's tracking you isn't he." Maeve whispers dryly, staring around the tavern now looking for her least favourite Gaunt brother. 

Daniel shakes his head no and takes a sip of his drink. 

"He's tracking her." Maeve whispers and Daniel clicks his tongue off his teeth and points his finger to her as if to signal she got it right.