Chapter 22

Honestly forgot where I was going with this Fic so have some Poppinis smut. 

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Poppy stared at her soon to be husband while he argued with his mother about some silly detail regarding the wedding, she couldn't help the warmth filling her body as she watched him stick up for her. With the wedding only six weeks away, the tensions were starting to build up. She did her best to let her disdain for his family go while they planned the wedding. 

She knew they weren't pleased with his decision to marry outside of the pureblood status acceptable witches they had lined up for him, granted they were a little easier on him since their first born had gone through with the arranged marriage. 

Knowing that they had a plan to run away to the country side once the wedding was over and just live their lives how they wish too. 

Poppy didn't want to let go what had happened with Marvolo, especially not after the stunt he pulled at the New Years party, she could have perhaps forgiven Anne for barging in to her own bachelorette party if it weren't for the fact she tried to use their former relationship against her. 

Ominis had in fact told her about their very brief summer romance when he was visiting the Sallow twins prior to their fifth year, prior to Maeve joining their cohort. 

It still didn't subside the coil of jealousy that settled deep in her stomach when she had uttered the words with what looked like a look of jealousy. 

Something was different about the girl, Poppy hadn't been the closest with her but she did not seem herself. Poppy liked to think of herself as a good judge of character. 

She watched as Ominis glided through the large ballroom after his mother while she grumbled about something to do with the menu, most likely the fact Poppy had requested a vegetarian option. 

A shred of guilt fills her as she knows how much being around his family hurts him, how much they have hurt him. Poppy closes her eyes trying not to think about what horrors she had been told by Ominis. 

"Getting excited?" Marvel's voice sent chills down her spine, she felt him approach her from behind. Her eyes opening instantly narrowing at him, she turns her body to face him. "You don't look so excited to see me." 

"What do you want?" Poppy spits, with as much venom as she could muster up. 

Marvolo chuckles as he pushes his sleeves up, her glare never wavering. He crosses the room, his head tilting towards the hallway his family had just gone. 

"Tell me what Anne said at your little party." 

"Nothing." Poppy stammers, her cheeks heating as he gives her a telling gaze. "Just about.." 

"Her silly little romance with your soon to be husband yes, but thats not it." Marvolo draws his wand out and Poppy quickly reaches into her back pocket, pulling hers out not hesitating to lift to his face. 

He lets out a sickening cackle, causing the hair on the back of her neck to stick up. 

"That was it." Poppy's voice dripping with hatred. The pain Marovlo had caused Ominis alone had her entire body filling with rage. The entire reason Ominis had always thought he was never worthy of love. 

"Here's the thing Sweeting." Marvolo walks closer to her. Poppy keeps her arm straight pointing directly in-between his eyes, but her arm shaking. Marvolo smirks as his gaze lands on her hand, her unsureness of how to proceed. She would never hurt him, and he knew that. "Ever since Maeve had met Daniel, things have been... rather different." Marovlo grins as he steps right up to her wand, pressing the wooden tip against his forehead.