Chapter 11 - Hospitalised

It was the seven o'clock in the morning when Penny shot up to a painful poking in her tummy, but didn't know what was causing it.

She tried to lie back down, but the reclined position only made the phone more severe, causing her to wince in pain as she coughed loudly.

"Bunny! Are you ok?", Sam questioned sympathetically as he fluttered his eyes open and slowly sat up to place a hand on her back.

"No, I feel....", the blonde woman's reply was interrupted by the feel of nausea in her tummy and she quickly got up and ran into the bathroom with the love of her life behind her.

She reached the lavatory just in time, bending down in front of the porcelain toilet bowl and put her face inside it as she opened her mouth to empty her food which has how turned into puke, while the red haired man was holding her hair back and was rubbing smooth circles on her back to soothe her.

Once the sick woman had finished vomiting, she collapsed backwards as she groaned in agony and fell into her significant others warm lap, who cleaned her mouth with the bottom of his pyjama top and gave her a glass of water.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on pumpkin! Because your starting to turn pale!", Sam questioned in a concern tone as he caressed her cheek with his thumb.

"I don't know what's, oww, wrong with me, I just woke, owww, up to a sharp pain in, ahh, the left side of my lower abdomen, ahhh, and it's poking me really bad!", she closed her eyes and clutched her stomach in pain as she sat up.

"It's ok sweetheart. Everything's going to be ok. Just take deep breaths!", her lover spoke calmly as she looked like she was in extreme pain and needed help and support.

Once the blonde woman's pain had subsided, she turned around to look at her significant other, who gently pecked her lips as he ran his fingers through her golden locks.

"Do you feel ok to take a nice warm bath with me? It might help calm your pain and soothe you!", the hero next door suggested, not wanting to force her into doing anything she's uncomfortable with.

"Ok, let's give it a go!", she replied optimistically and her partner held her hand as he helped her get up, sitting her on the closed toilet seat, while he was filling the tub with transparent liquids.

When everything was ready, Sam lifted his girlfriend up bridal style, giving her a tender kiss on the forehead as he placed her inside the pleasant water, taking a seat behind her so she could rest against him as they rejuvenated together, because she was already in enough agony.

Forty minutes later, they both climbed out of the bathtub and he rapidly dried Penny's soaking body, before doing the same to himself as they interlaced their fingers and walked into their shared bedroom.

The hero next door quickly, but carefully dressed his sick partner into a baggy t-shirt and jeans for comfort and he got dressed into the same outfit that was less baggy.

"How are you feeling now, angel?", he questioned sympathetically, "I still feel, owww, really terrible!", she winced in pain as she placed a hand on the left side of her lower tummy as she closed her eyes from the immense pain.

"Maybe we should call Helen, after all she is a nurse and she can recommend whether we need to goto the doctors or not!", her lover suggested and she simply agreed with a nod of her head.

Sam got his phone out and immediately called the brunette woman, who answered her phone straightaway and replied with that she'll be here in a few minutes, before hanging up the phone.

Meanwhile, he fluffed the pillows and slowly helped Penny lay down, draping the blanket over her and keeping her company until Helen arrives.

Two minutes later, the nurse knocked on the door and the red haired man opened it to her, leading her upstairs to where her poorly patient was.