Allbright D. Tomo: The Rain God

Time has passed, much has changed. The young Hakubi, now married to the excuse for a man Tayatizawa, was pregnant with her first child, in fact, Hakubi was in labor now.

The white haired pushed again, no expression of pain on her face, more of concentration. She didn't feel much pain any more, for better or worse. Tayatizawa wasn't even present, the pathetic man scared to watch her daughter that he was responsible for be born. The doctor instructed Hakubi, guiding her breathing until her child was messy with blood and amniotic fluid in the doctors arms. The infant screamed and cried, squirming as she was handed to her mother, then miraculously calming right down.

"There you are... poor little baby... I'm so sorry..."

Although the child had no understanding of what her mother had said, let alone meant, her eyes opened as she looked at her, revealing a mismatched set of one bright blue eye and one brown one.

"So pretty you are... Allbright D. Tomo..."

She smiled weakly as she watched the doctor clean Tomo and dress her up in the fashion of a world noble baby. Unfortunately, the peace was interrupted by Tayatizawa entering the room.

"Has the heir to the Allbrights been born yet?"

He runs a hand through his hair as if he had done anything to help in this process. Hakubi's face drained at the sight of him.
The one who forced her into marriage.
The one who forced her into pregnancy.
Forced her life into ruin.

"Tomo is doing well. She's quite pretty."

Her voice had no sign of emotion, as if she were a doll. She was a doll.

"Oh, let me see her."

He pushed past the doctor, grabbing Tomo and picking her up, face going pale at her eyes.

"Why are her eyes asymmetrical?! She's a mistake!!"

Hakubi's voice grew ever so slightly firmer, which was a struggle for her.

"How dare you insult Tomo."

He turned to face his wife, brows furrowed.

"It isn't your place to complain, I let you name the damn thing, didn't I?"

His eyes squinted at the woman, her face remaining the same, empty as always.

"I'm sorry. You compensated for me.. so I should forgive you..."

She was in no control of her defeated words, however she was terrified of something happening to her child. She was handed Tomo as the clearly ill man left the room.

"You know... I'm furious at you. If not for everything that's happened, not for you... No. I will not think like that. This is not your fault, Tomo. I will care for you, protect you from the man who calls himself your father. I love you..."

Hakubi falls asleep, Tomo following her mother.