You are my Sunshine

The sun was high in the sky, casting a warm, golden light over the landscape as Babydoll, Cooper, and Coop Jr. made their way to a nearby river.

The day had been hot and grueling, and the thought of cool, refreshing water was a welcome relief, even if it was radiated. Thankfully, it wasn't a bother to any of them. Though, Cooper Jr. was half human, half Babydoll, he took after her completely. 

He never got sick or affected by the wasteland. Cooper kept his gun close, always vigilant for any dangers that might lurk nearby, but today felt like a rare moment of peace.

As they reached the riverbank, Babydoll set Coop Jr. down, watching with a smile as he toddled eagerly towards the water. "Hold on, little man," she called, laughing as she kicked off her boots and rolled up her pants. "Mama's coming too."

Cooper followed suit, stripping down to his trousers and keeping his gun within arm's reach. "This'll be good for all of us," he said, his voice relaxed. "A bit of fun and some cool water to wash away the dust."

Babydoll waded into the river, the cool water a welcome contrast to the heat of the day. She turned back to Cooper, a playful glint in her eyes. "Come on, Cowboy. Don't just stand there lookin' pretty. Get in here."

Cooper grinned, his eyes filled with warmth and affection as he stepped into the water, joining Babydoll and Coop Jr. "Well, darlin', if you insist."

Coop Jr. splashed happily in the shallow water, his laughter ringing out like music. Babydoll knelt beside him, showing him how to scoop up water with his hands and watching as he tried to mimic her actions. "You're doin' great, baby," she said, her voice filled with pride.

Cooper waded over to them, his gun always within reach but his focus on his family. He couldn't help but smile at the sight of Babydoll and Coop Jr. playing together, their joy infectious. "You two look like you're having a grand old time," he said, his tone teasing.

Babydoll looked up at him, water dripping from her hair and a mischievous smile on her lips. "We are, but it'd be even better if you joined in." She splashed water playfully at him, laughing as he pretended to be outraged.

"Oh, you're askin' for it now, Babydoll," Cooper said, his voice filled with mock seriousness. He splashed her back, his movements gentle and playful. Coop Jr. squealed with delight, caught up in the fun.

Babydoll moved closer to Cooper, her eyes sparkling with flirtation. "What are you gonna do about it, Cowboy?" she challenged, her voice low and teasing.

Cooper's eyes darkened with affection as he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close. "Oh, I've got a few ideas," he murmured, his lips brushing against her ear.

She shivered at his touch, her heart racing. "Is that so?" she whispered back, her voice breathless.

"Mm-hmm," he replied, his lips trailing down her neck. "But first, I think we need to teach the boy how to swim."

Babydoll laughed, the sound pure and carefree. "You're right, Cowboy. Family time first, flirtin' later."

Together, they guided Coop Jr. through the water, showing him how to kick his legs and paddle with his arms. His giggles and delighted squeals filled the air, a reminder of the simple joys that could still be found in a world filled with danger.

As the afternoon wore on, they took breaks to rest on the riverbank, watching the sunlight dance on the water's surface. Babydoll leaned against Cooper, her head resting on his shoulder. "This is perfect," she said softly, her voice filled with contentment.

Cooper kissed the top of her head, his hand gently stroking her back. "It sure is, Babydoll. Moments like these... they make all the hard times worth it."