Chapter 11

Leighton POV 

It kills me to see Jack with his girlfriend. To think that I used to make him happy like that, well, it kills me inside. I feel like I was the problem between us, although everyone says it was his fault, I still feel like I could've done something different to save us. 

"Leigh? You okay?" Abbey asks, taking me out of my train of thought.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I say, but I know she doesn't believe me.

"Leighton, stop thinking about Jack. He's only making you sadder, obviously," she says, I guess she's right.

"But Abbey, I can't stop. I feel like everywhere I go, there's a reminder of him. Like at home, there's my brother, Jack's best friend. Then we live next door to each other, so I get reminded that everyday. I can't escape this feeling, it always comes back," I say and take a sigh of relief. 

Later, I head back to my house, praying that Jack isn't there. Once I get to the door of my house, I walk in and stop dead in my tracks. I see his brown eyes looking back at me. Oh no...

----------------

Jack POV

I'm about to head back to my house, when the door opens and I see Leighton. She's looking at me too, and I don't know how this is going to end. 

"Hey.." I say, hoping this will get somewhere.

"Um, hi.." She says, looking at the floor. 

"Listen, Leighton, I'm sorry for how things ended with us. I-I don't know what I was thinking, and I really want to, uh, become friends again," I say.

She starts to talk, but this time to my face. "Friends? Become friends with you? How am I to be friends with you, when I still feel things for you. How am I supposed to put the past and my feelings behind, and act as if everything is different? How am I supposed to be friends with you, the guy I still love, while you're dating someone? I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I-I can't keep feeling this way, this way that's ruining my life,"

She starts to walk past me, but I grab her hand. I do what I've wanted to do for a long time again, I kiss her. 

-----------

Leighton POV

I shouldn't be doing this. But those sparks, I feel them again when I'm kissing him. But, I should know better. This isn't the right thing. I pull away from him. 

"Jack, I can't do this, I'm sorry,"  I say and turn and run away to my room, tears starting to fall down my face.

Why did I ever get into this mess, why? A thought pops up in my mind, something I've never thought of doing. I get a bag and start throwing clothes into it. I get money. I look at my room, one last time.

I'm going to run away.

----------------

Hello, again! I've updated, hope you liked this chapter! Left you in suspense, hmm....