Chapter 5

Leighton POV

I was over at Abbey's house and bawling my eyes out.

"Leigh I thought you would be happy over this.. I mean your crush said he loved you.." she says.

I wipe my tears. "Yeah, I mean I'm happy but-" we heard a knock coming from downstairs. We looked at eachother and I knew who it was.

We went downstairs and saw Abbey's mom talking to Jack. We were on the last steps and he saw us.

"Leighton please tell me what's wrong." he says.

"I don't have to." I say.

"Well could you at least not be mad at me?" he says.

"Wait, you thought I was mad at you?" I ask.

"So you weren't mad at me?" he asks. I look around and I guess Abbey and her mom have given me and Jack space.

"Can we just go outside to talk?" I say and walk out the door.

Once we were out he talks. "So you were never mad at me."

"I never was mad at you Jack.. I was just upset because I thought you liked the kiss as much as I did.." I say.

"But Leigh, I thought I made it clear at your house that I did like it." he says.

"Yeah, but also at my house you said it was a mistake." I say.

"LEIGHTON WHAT DONT YOU GET!! I was at your house and I said that it was a mistake, but I wasn't thinking and I didn't mean it! I liked the kiss and I would do it again." he says.

"Can you just leave?" I say, he looks at me heartbroken.

"Uh, yeah, sure no problem." he says and turns around walks away. I just messed up things, again.

Jack POV

I started to walk back to my house. I didn't think it would end like this. I thought she was gonna understand, but she didn't.

I got home and looked at the time and it read 11:45. I didn't realize it was that late already.. I was so tired I just fell asleep right as my head touched the bed.

--------

I woke up and looked at the clock again which read 10:15 . I got ready and headed over to Jack's house. One reason was I could see Leigh again, and the other reason was because I had no plans for the rest of the day. I knocked on his door and after a few seconds he answered the door.

"Hey Jack." he says.

"Sup.. listen I think your sister's mad at me again.." I say.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Well, I tried to talk to her when we got back and then she got scared and ran to her friends house.. and when I tried to talk to her, she told me to leave." I say.

"Well man, I mean the only thing I can tell you is don't really talk to her and let her decide on her own. She gets weird like that." he says.

"I guess." I say.

------

We made a few vines after that and we were going to his kitchen to get food when the door opened. Leighton came in and stared at us and went up the stairs. Jack and I looked at each other.

Leighton POV

I got home and opened the door and saw Jack & Jack, of course. I stared at them and headed to my room. Once I was there my mind kept thinking about what happened yesterday. Well, Jack said he loved me and I ran away and he followed me and said he loved me again and then I pushed him away.

After a few hours I went downstairs and saw that Jack was leaving. After he went out the back door I went to the other door and went out and saw him. He hadn't saw me yet and was going to his house. I catched up to him.

"Jack wait!" I at and he turns around.

I walk up to him and press my lips to his. Finally.

-------

Oo suspense 😏 so sorry about

not posting a new chapter in forever it's just I have so much homework and this week I have an essay in one of my classes and another essay that's 100 points and a project in another class that I'm pretty sure I'll get a bad grade in so I've been really focusing on that. But, on Friday I think I'll be updating because most of the stuff will be finished. So yeah, I really hope you'll understand.