Editors note and trigger warning (Important)

The sun shone through the darkness,
or so, I thought.

My beginning

&

The end

*Writers note*

Here's a trigger warning of the topics that will be coming up in the story that can be triggering for some. Do not read the story if any of these are triggering for you.

⚠️Murder, depressive and suicidal thoughts, suicide, abuse, alcohol abuse, toxic people in general, mental torture, strong language, death, drowning.⚠️

(Little bit of a rant. Skip down for important)

I originally wrote this story within the span of a week, and it was also the first time I started writing about half a year ago, and I felt I could improve on my original story.

I've altered and changed the story only slightly, and some parts are completely new. This is the rewritten story with a lot of improvements, and one of those includes poems for each chapter.

Before you start reading a chapter, there will be a short poem that vaugly describes the thoughts and situation that are happening in the chapter and the mental state of the MC.

(Important to mention)

THIS STORY IS DEPRESSING AS FUCK. I cannot emphasize that enough. The MC is very depressed and the story is told from her perspective. If you feel that could be triggering for you, just skip this read. Put your own mental health first. Take a break, breathe, and listen to Love or Cola whatever suits your taste better(both by Lana Del Rey, of course).

There will be 6 possible endings. You take a short quiz that I made and add up the points you get in the end, and that will determine what ending you deserve.

There will be flashbacks to the past and times where the MC will reminisce of her childhood, so beware if that gets a little confusing when there's a sudden change in situation and setting but then it will go right back to what was happening after. There are also dream sequences where she wakes up and something is only a dream. Hopefully, that wasn't too confusing. If something doesn't make sense and is too confusing, please do let me know so I can hopefully edit and change it!

Just one last thing. I wrote this on a notes app, and it has a very different format there and looks so so so much better there because I have more creative control of how the text is placed and the color and size etc. So the story doesn't exactly look how I envisioned. Last but not least, I will be editing this story until the day I die. I love the story one minute and want to change a line or chapter the next second until I get close to "perfection", and I'm also not stopping there because I've already started rewriting it again... for the second time now. But I think this version is most likely the best one.

Alright, that's it! Enjoy if you do end up reading all this and completely reading my story. I truly do appreciate it :)

(I highly doubt anyone's going to get this far, but fingers crossed, I'll get one engaged reader!)