Chapter Fifteen: Hidden but Alive

<TW> blood, mention of violence

<CW> fluff, bit of angst

Hah-
Hello again..

...
[MAIN PLOT BY Roxy-Rox0 ]

   A sandy brunette with bandages on his wing and around his head sat in a grey chair, staring anxiously at a purple.. thing.

  Occasionally he would glance up at the two beds holding unconscious men.

  The one in the dark blue bed stirred and Grian jumped up, his eyes widening when Etho put his hand on his head.

  Etho slowly started to sit up, he groaned quietly in pain and Grian teleported beside him.

  Etho looked down at him with a wary and confused expression. Grian waited for the realization to hit the Listener.

  Oh. Etho thought.

  "We got attacked, didn't we?" Etho said darkly, more of asking for confirmation.

  Grian nodded and sighed. "Yeah.. I'm glad you're awake though!" He said with a gentle smile.

  Etho's expression lightened and he smiled lightly back at the shorter brunette.

  "I'm still waiting on BDubs, though." Grian said, running his hands over his face.

  "Watchers, unfortunately, don't have the ability to heal," Grian stated, his voice getting quiet as he looked at the ground.

  Etho frowned and climbed out of his borrowed bed, reluctantly. It was pretty comfortable.

  He approached Grian and put a hand on his shoulder. Grian got covered in a darker green glow as Etho closed his eyes and Grian's eyes widened.

  The blood slowly retracted back into Grian's previously—horribly—bandaged wounds. The injury on his head slowly closed, but his wing remained damaged.

  "Sorry, I don't have enough energy to fully heal you," Etho said with a small smile.

  Grian grinned at Etho. "Honestly, I forgot Listeners could do that. Thanks, it's still better than nothing!"

  Grian removed the bandages that were wrapped around his head and face. Honestly, he wasn't sure why he didn't pay more attention when someone was teaching him how to properly use medical equipment.

  Etho walked the short distance to a yellow bed and put his hand on BDubs' back. BDubs glowed similarly to how Grian did as his wounds slowly closed and Etho's eyes closed and his eyebrows knitted in concentration.

  BDubs visibly relaxed and he slightly shifted in his deep sleep. Etho didn't expect him to wake up anytime soon.

  "I'm going to try and find more information about this 'being' thing," Grian told Etho.

  Etho glanced back at him. "Watch over BDubs," Grian said as he walked away.

  Etho nodded subtly and closed his eyes to heal himself. The glow didn't cover Etho, sadly, but his wounds did slowly fade away.

  Etho removed his poorly put on bandages. It was a wonder they were all alive because of Grian's medical skills. They weren't the best, but he certainly knew how to stop bleeding from getting out of control.

  He looked down at BDubs' sleeping body and climbed up on the bed beside him. He sat down on a spot BDubs hadn't curled up in and looked over him.

  His mind wandered, but Etho remained listening to his friend's even breathing and soft snores.

✦✦ m o s s ✦✦

  Grian ran his hand over another group of spines of the books that were crammed in a bookshelf. He frowned to himself when he reached the last book.

  As expected, nothing. Grian thought.

  Grian leaned against a bookshelf, he was glad that he had stocked this extra hideout with stuff.

  For example, food, books, extra beds, armour, weapons..

  But the books were useless, and the wasn't much. The armour and weapons should maybe come in handy, though. The beds certainly did.

  Grian's eyes wandered over all the books he had. Most were stories or random spell books. Not many on history or species or anything like that, like the kind he needed.

  Maybe he had just overlooked one he needed..

  Grian sighed to himself and crossed his arms, still leaning against a sturdy bookshelf.

  Until BDubs wakes up, we're staying hidden. Grian silently told himself.

*cries in the chapter is too short but don't know how to make it longer*

668 words ;-;

FRICK NORMAL SCHEDULING

IMMA POST WHEN I WANT, YOU DON'T DESERVE HAVING TO WAIT FOR A WEEK TO PASS.

Although this could pose problems.. as past books have shown...

Oh well, this book actually hase a plan.

707 words