Chapter Eighteen: This Is Do or Die

<TW> possession, mention of possession, mention of poison, violence, mention of blood, mention of injury

<CW> angst, anger, fluff

Motivation is very kind right now, so go thank... *insert whatever Motivation's pronouns should/would be*!!

Anyways, enjoy!

[ORIGINAL PLOT BY Roxy-Rox0 ]

  Zedaph was gone.

  He had been gone for a few days now, and Xisuma didn't know where he was. He would ask some other Hermits for help, but Cub only focuses on finding cures, Ren doesn't care for the goat hybrid in question Scar spent almost all of his time with Mumbo now, Pearl had ignored Zedaph from the almost start, and practically everyone else had done the same. Even Xisuma's kindest Hermits had avoided him because they were conflicted about how to feel about Zedaph's actions.

  But Tango cared. In fact, he was the one who told X of Zedaph's disappearance. But Xisuma still barely saw the Blaze hybrid. And he didn't know what Tango was doing to pass the time either.

So X mainly listened to Cub's reports, wandering the halls of Cub's expanding lab area. Or he read while being hauled up in his room, he rarely went outside. And sleep felt like a blissful escape to go back to the better times during the dangerous night.

Ren viewed over books most of the time for Cub, another one of X's tasks. Even though Zedaph wasn't there anymore to give reason for sending the dog hybrid away. Pearl accompanied him sometimes now, though. A protecter.

Scar talked for hours on end to Mumbo, chained and tied up Mumbo. He didn't seem to care that Mumbo didn't reply or that the moustached man was being restrained, Scar just acted like he was having a normal conversation with his friend again.

Sure sometimes Scar's mind would shift to the darker recent topics, but that didn't last long. In fact, Scar swore that Mumbo started nodding when he spoke, or making eye contact! Mumbo's eyes were softening, Scar swore.

  Maybe Scar was going insane.

Because, of course, if it was all some Scar delusions, no one would know, because no one else really went by to visit Mumbo and Scar. Except for Xisuma or Cub every now and then.

So, nowadays the main crew was Ren, 'Suma, Pearl, and Cub, but he stayed in the lab mostly. They all did the most research though, and helped their fellow Hermits the most.

Pearl usually had 'girl nights' with Cleo to keep her positive and quippy, and she would listen whenever Stress simply felt like venting or have a pleasant conversation. Stress had helped keep the Hermits alive with her medical skills, after all.

Ren was outside, for once, instead of staring at book pages and spines until his vision blurred and his legs got too heavy. Pearl was outside with him, she was near Ren quite often, now, actually.

Pearl stopped when she saw Xisuma outside as well, and she completely froze when she saw what was in front of Xisuma. At first it was because of shock, then it was because of frustration towards the Being.

Ren stayed behind her, and Xisuma remained on guard in front of her. Pearl crossed her arms and glared at the Entity.

"We haven't seen you in a bit, what are you planning?" X said to the Entity.

The Being didn't give Xisuma the privilege of getting a response, instead it actually looked quite smug and amused.

Pearl was about to snap out a question to the Entity as to why it looked like that, but her words were stopped short when a familiar head of blonde hair poked out from behind the Entity. Almost like a child behind their parent, but he quickly stepped out and scowled at the trio.

"Zedaph.?" Xisuma said quietly, his voice was a mix of confusion, regret, and frustration.

The Entity seemed to grin, and that made Pearl's blood boil even more.

She didn't know where her anger was directed, just that she was angry. Whether she was angry at Zedaph or at the Entity, she didn't know, or care.

What she did know, was that she had never pulled her sword out and charged quicker.

The red that she saw pleased her, making her feel like she just succeeded in something big.

An injury on the enemy.

o c t o p u s   e y e b a l l s

Etho entered the room, which Grian had decorated to pass the time, and smiled when he saw his friends.

  "How're you feeling?" Grian asked BDubs as he held out a cup of what looked like tea to the Listener.

  "Rested, thank you," BDubs replied and took the cup from Grian, staring at it for a moment.

  "It's not poison, incase you were worried," Grian pointed at the cup and BDubs looked up to meet his gaze.

  "With how bad you are at using the stove, I wouldn't be surprised if it was." Etho pointed out and walked closer to where his friends were sitting on the floor. 

  "Rude, I'm trying to keep us alive down here!" Grian huffed indignantly, his wings ruffling a bit.

  BDubs grinned at the jokes and took a sip of the tea, he hummed and glanced up at Grian and Etho.

  "It isn't deadly, but it does taste a bit bland," BDubs rated and sighed to make the statement comical.

  "Only cause you like adding a bunch of extra stuff like sugar and honey, and other random things, to your tea," Grian mumbled, crossing his arms and pouting.

  "It's still okay, G," BDubs said condescendingly, patting Grian's shoulder and taking another sip of the tea.

  Etho laughed and sat on the bed by Grian, he smiled fondly at the two shorter Hermits and took a deep breath.

  He glanced away and looked back to Grian and BDubs. Etho knew they'd be out of here soon, and hopefully the Being's torment would end smoothly and quickly.

  They've just got to do a little more research, and they need a little more time. Then they'd leave.

  And then they would hopefully get Hermitcraft back.

  And all of their friends could come back to their senses and it would all go back to normal.

  And everything would be okay again.

1043 words

YES

I DID IT

I LENGTHENED THIS CHAPTER UNTIL I REACHED 1k WORDS

WHOOOO

okay, good bye!

Have a great one! Next chapter out very soon!

:]