Chapter 9

My Mate the Angel

Chapter 9

(Derek's P.O.V)

I was running like my life depended on it, because in truth it practically did.

She was calling me.

I could feel it.

Trees were flashing past me as I ran for her.

She was in a clearing that much i knew.

I hadn't gotten to her yet, but i just knew that she was close by in a clearing.

Running as hard as i could i finally got to her panting.

She looked at me straight in the eyes and passed out.

Mate.

My Mate.

My wolf howls in my head grateful to have finally found her.

I walk over to her and put my head in her long, black, raven-like hair.

Her scent is like sweet honey with a light touch of maple leaves.

Stepping back a little i shifted back and picked her up in my arms bridle style.

I walked out of the clearing and to my house, up the stairs and to my room.

Her eyes fluttered open for a minute granting me a peek at her amazing crystal blue eyes.

Then they fluttered closed again and left me with only the memory of their beauty.

At least until she wakes.

I lay her down on my bed and brush a strand of her black hair away from her face.

Looking at her I notice that she has blood on her... wings?

Her wings are white as the first fall of snow.

Except for her blood covering her naked body she is pure.

I walk over to my bathroom that is connected to my bedroom and grab a random washcloth to clean the blood off of her.

She seems to understand that I wouldn't ever hurt her, I can just feel it in my gut.

I soak the washcloth with warm water and wring it out.

She turns on to her stomach and I watch as her wings lay gently against her back, touching the floor.

They look to be over eight feet long and bird-like.

Watching where I step I wash the blood off of her back and carefully her wings.

Once I'm done with her back and wings I lay a blanket over her and watch as she sleeps.

She groans a little then calls my name very softly.

I lay down next to her, careful to watch her wings.

She curls up against me and her wings fold up and somehow seem to dissapear.

Before she's totally asleep she says three last word.

"I'm Kim Stardom."