𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝?

🥀𝕷𝖚𝖈𝖞🥀

The morning after the random date with that mysterious black-haired beauty, I felt compelled to find out more about Yeji

The morning after the random date with that mysterious black-haired beauty, I felt compelled to find out more about Yeji. We must look very similar if Lia was so stunned the second, she saw my face. Do we really look that alike?

In my office at the cafe, I stared at my laptop, unaware of where to start. Where does one even start to find their doppelganger? Do I even wish to know who this woman is? The look Lia gave me when she thought I was her was one of ultimate distress. Pure fear.

I decided to start with the articles about her parents' death. However, guilt tripped me as I typed the words on the Google search. I had to stop myself. This is none of my business. If Lia desires for me to know more about who she is, then she'll tell me. But until then, it's none of my business and I sure as hell shouldn't make it my business.

I sighed and closed the tab to look at the cafe's budget instead until my co manager came in so we could switch territories. I would make sure everything in the dining area is running well. In fact, I think I have to train a new barista today.

I made my way to the floor, looking over the customers. They all looked peaceful and satisfied so I began training one of the new baristas, Emilio.

"Why don't you make the next customer's drink. Try it on your own and if you need help just ask, sound good?" I suggested to him. He happily accepted my offer and began making the next person's order. Our vegan croissant sandwich and a caramel frap with coconut milk instead of cow's milk.

Well, isn't that order exceptionally familiar...

I looked out to the dining area again and saw the short woman sitting at a table staring at me with a smart look on her face. I tilted my head and rolled my eyes. I could call her a stalker, but I believe she is here simply for the impeccable food and coffee.

To keep my professional mannerisms, I still had Emilio call her order for her. She seemed to know Emilio, I wondered how. It's a coincidence that both Lia and him have lost family as of recently. Emilio's twin brother and her parents.

I saw how Emilio's presence stunned Lia. It changed her mood, and I couldn't tell what it was. She's very hard to read at times and I have a feeling she tries to conceal herself all the time. 

It's common amongst a lot of people for them to conceal themselves. But I sense trauma in her life, it's like she's trying to distance herself from that trauma. It must be more than losing her parents. I can wonder, but I wonder if I'm allowed to ask.

"So, you know my new barista? Emilio?" I asked as I sat down with her. I knew I said I wouldn't, but I wanted to talk to her. Any excuse to hear her voice.

"Yeah... we go back a bit."

I wonder, has she really spoken to anyone lately? Or is she naturally closed off to the people she's dating? I take into consideration the possibility that she's shy because we are not even an official couple yet. But it seems like such a big chunk of her life, she seems to have nothing else left to talk about when it comes to herself.