26

Play 'Loveable'
By ; SinB

Jungkook's breathing was heavy, and it continued to get heavier as time passed but as soon as he fell into your arms he let out the biggest breath he held the whole while, he found comfort within you and that was all that he craved. This was an aspect of him that he kept hidden, and no one discovered it, nor did anyone try to.

he'd locked up his doors years ago when he found out that his then-girlfriend, Haerin had played games with him and used him for her advantage, then threw him away whilst guilt-tripping him for something he never did. the walls he built ever since were strong, it only got stronger. he assured himself that no one could break it, no one could see his already broken heart that he fixed up with mere tapes by himself,

the tapes being simple things that he loved, a huge part of it being Bam. Jungkook had a steel backbone with his walls, he told himself no one would want a broken man like him, and he wasn't good enough to give justice for love. love is a foreign word to him. it's a feeling he's never felt in a long while and he thinks it's not what he's made for. It's why he kept finding himself on women's bed every night since then,

he used it as his coping mechanism. sex and work. he used it to remove himself from all the haunting thoughts and black past that shadowed him and followed him to stop him from moving forward. being drunk was the only escape, it took him out of reality and that was what he needed. today, he realized that your arms are better than alcohol, far better than any sex or work. all negative thoughts, the past, the present, the stress of the future.

everything faded away as soon as his face touched your chest. it wasn't the first time you've seen him drunk but it's your first seeing the after-effects of being drunk and all you can think of is that he's just a little boy. Jungkook took some time, hesitating if he should tell you about what happened today but you're calm and you're willing to hear him out and all he wants is open ears. "I met my ex..."

he mumbles after he heaves a sigh, you're unsure if he felt the sudden freeze in your body but you did. he'd never spoken about his love life to you before and through his behavior, you assumed he had no one nor were you curious to find out. but the words he spoke now allowed you to think about all that you hadn't given a thought before and suddenly you're afraid. "and..?" you whispered, your fingertips that were massaging his head slowly stopped and began to trace him slightly before eventually pulling off.

Jungkook felt the absence of your fingers on his head, although he was drunk and wasn't fully within his consciousness, he felt the way you've suddenly drifted away even though you're just right there holding him inside your arms. "she tried to kiss me." he whispers lowly under his breath, his eyes closed tight trying to remove the sight of her from his mind. you're unable to process what he said,

' his ex tried to kiss him? Did he allow her? Did something more happen? why did he kiss you then?'

numerous thoughts ran inside your head and you could only gulp the ball inside your throat, unsure if you wanted to hear more from him. "okay." you say and attempt to turn away from him, it's baseless trying to have a conversation with a man whose drunk and not in the right sense of his mind.

he figures it, his eyes open slowly when he feels you move. Jungkook feels the coldness taking over you and it's not something he wants to deal with right now. he just wants you to hug him tight, make him sleep like a child. but he understands why you react this way, anyone would do so. he kissed you a few hours ago, right after entering your apartment. what does all that say? "it's not what you're thinking y/n-"

"It's alright Jungkook, we can talk about this tomorrow. You don't have to feel obliged, we're not in a relationship." he can hear the sting in your words, you're not okay. you don't wanna pick up an argument but you can't help but feel the tinge in your heart. he kissed you and you kissed him back, it felt right. now he says that he'd met his ex and she tried to kiss him? you've fully turned to the left side, your back facing him. you stare at the wall, thinking about Jungkook with another woman who's not you.