Chapter 19

=== RHODES ISLAND ===

When Mudrock asked to be brought to their leader, she didn't expect to be this way.

The Sarkaz fighter was dragged along in the dust by her captor- the same white-haired operator who smashed through her rock golems like they were sand. Mudrock knew her earthen armor was heavy, it slowed her down considerably when the Sarkaz didn't use arts to manipulate the armor during combat. Yet, the girl just dragged her along at walking pace without looking winded at all.

Seriously, just how strong was this girl?

They were given looks by the LGD personnel as the Rhodes Island operator dragged her behind the lines. They were left alone for the most part aside from one officer who asked what she was being dragged for.

"She's a prisoner." Her captor walked past the LGD officer.

The trip was a relatively short one, but it was enough to destroy her dignity. Mudrock considered how the option of dying was better than being dragged around like a sack of potatoes instead. The suffering soon ended when they stopped in front of two individuals busy standing over a modified station.

The two figures paused from giving out orders.

"Amiya. Doctor." Skadi kept her vice-like grip on Mudrock's collar. "This is the Reunion captain who surrendered."

The captain looked at the two. One was a young female Cautus while the other was covered from head to toe in a medical suit.

She didn't know who was who until one of them spoke.

"Doctor, let me handle this." The smaller of the two stepped forward.

Mudrock's eyes widened within her suit. When she heard that one of Rhodes Island's leaders was a kid, she doubted it. The Sarkaz was convinced that they were fooled.

Not anymore.

"You're...the leader?"

"Yes." Amiya confirmed. "You're a captain?"

"The Reunion was following his commands." Skadi confirmed beside her.

Mudrock always kept her voice neutral. In combination with her mud arts, it didn't come off as anything that hinted she was a girl. Just the way Mudrock wanted it.

"Skadi said you had information."

"I do."

Amiya narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "I'm afraid that depends. The last time we believed in the Reunion, your leader turned on her own words afterward."

She would only take the information at face value. Amiya's mind played the events of their escape from Chernobog for a brief moment before she returned back to the matter at hand.

"I am not like her."

"That remains to be seen. We will still have to confirm your information."

Mudrock didn't have much in the way of proving her words.BShe hadn't planned past this stage. Her priority had been to find Rhodes Island and engage them in conversation. Now that she was captured, it would be suspicious if the Reunion's plans crumbled right after the Mudrock squad deserted.

Wait...

"Once I give you the information, the Reunion will hunt us down once they figure out I deserted."

Amiya's expression hardened.

"The Reunion will kill deserters. Me and my squad wanted to leave for some time now." Mudrock continued. "They'll make us examples- just like the others who tried to run."