Chapter 13: Breaking In A Mental Hospital

(What Kai is wearing)

Out of all the places Kai had to break in, it had to be a Mental Hospital. I mean he half expected to break into a prison.

Well... the Mental Hospital is also a prison. A bad one at that. He knows from Lorna that this place is likely gonna bring some trauma, so he'll be there for her.

And there's another reason why Kai wants to go. Because he's looking for one of his old unit members within special forces. Who's locked up.

His name is Cade Walker. Also known as Cyber. Due to his ability called Cyberkinesis.which means he possesses complete control over all technology and devices. Essentially, he can exert control over technological constructs, such as computers, robots, hardware, and other devices that can be termed as "technology", in any way. Having him around would benefit him more than The Inner Circle.

Cade disappeared after he and Kai were discharged. He wants to know why.

Once they arrived, the group did their thing. Kai was able to take down the security with his telekineses and some he did with his telepathy. He was busy locating a doctor and he happened upon Dr. George Wren. Who's an anti mutant figure and is pinned against the wall. He's afraid, but enough. But he will be when Kai learns what he's been doing to mutants.

As Black Fox enters his mind, turns out Dr. Wren is more sadistic then he thought. He saw how he would bring mutant women into an isolated area and he would beat half of them. His hatred for them was so great that it didn't matter if they were innocent. Before Kai can decide anything, he sees that he's had contact with Cade. And he was among the victims of Dr. Wren. Nothing would've pleased Braddock more than to kill him. Snap his neck or slave his head off with a psionic blade. However, he had other plans. And time wasn't on their side, so he hits him with a powerful psionic blast, which would leave him in a vegetable state.

Kai got what he came for and went looking for Cade. But he walked, he's able to detect other mutants. And their mental state. Half of them are sedated. Heavily. Likely because of Lockdown.

All the more reason Kai needs to get Cade out of here. Because there will be a checking in. And if theres no response, they will send somebody.

So he heads underground and Andy already made a hole. And Kai uses his telepathy to track down Cade. It took him a few seconds. But he found him. But Kai senses Clarice and John, along with Marcos and Lauren. "Esme, The Mutant Underground is here. Hurry before they stop you."

"Okay. I will. I'll also let my sisters know. We'll speed things up. Did you find who you were looking for?" Esme asked telepathically.