Chapter 7

Everyone was trudging along, still pretty traumatized and tired after Rengoku's death. They all knew that it couldn't get to them, though. They have a job, and that job is to protect the people of this world. Tanjiro was trying to lighten things up, although, he knew he couldn't. Inosuke was being more distant. Zenitsu was dragging behind, and Muichiro was just walking straight forward, heading to their next location. Tanjiro could see how sad you were as well. He has never seen you so sad.

"Hey... Um... Y-Y/n? A- um.. Stupid question, but... Are you okay?" Tanjiro runs up next to you, now holding onto your shoulder. "No! No, why would I be okay?!" You yelled back. Tanjiro winces a bit. He was not expecting you to yell at him. He sighs, and lets go of your shoulder "I figured... But- You know, if you do need anything... I'm here, right?".  "... Yeah... Yeah, I know that..." You sighed out the reply.

It was in no time before Inosuke was chasing Zenitsu again for fun. While those two were running circles around you and the others, Muichiro, Tanjiro and you just continued to walk. The sun was coming down, and a pink tinge spilled through the leaves of the trees, illuminating the ground. It was a beautiful sight. It would've been a nice moment to take in, if the events before hadn't stopped the mood. "You know..." You speak up "Dying sucks... Just... The sound of leaving this earth and not having people know who I was is kind of... Scary..." You said quietly. "Well... Sure, that could happen... It'll happen to all of us one day... But dying together would be better than dying alone, right?" Tanjiro speaks up next. Muichiro just walks beside quietly, watching the interaction.

The sun had fully gone down now, and Nezuko was now out of her box, totting beside Tanjiro. Muichiro was ahead of the group by a great amount. Inosuke was trudging along next to Tanjiro, and Zenitsu was now following Nezuko. "Nezuko-chan~ Marry me~" Zenitsu swoons with his hands together, only to be hit in the back of the head by you. "Leave the poor girl alone for once!". It would seem as if things had become more normal now, but in reality, you can't get the thoughts from earlier out of your head. It was like a curse. 

For a little while, everybody keeps walking, until Muichiro suddenly stops, making you bump into his back. "What the-!? Shit, I'm sorry Muichiro!" You groaned, lifting yourself off the ground. "It's fine... I found a village... We can stop somewhere here for the night..." He replies, looking at you, who is now standing next to him. Tanjiro looks over, then at the village and huffs. "How are those two always bumping into each other? It's like they're magnets..."  Tanjiro sighs, and crosses his arms. "Yeah, sounds like a plan!" 

A/n: Another short chapter! I've been REALLY busy lately, so I haven't been updating! I'm sorry! If there is any misspelling or mispronunciation etc, I am sorry! My typing skills aren't 100%! Keep yourselves safe!