Confliction

Song: It's Nice To Have A Friend
Folklore
Red tipped her back and groaned. "Is not fucking during the day a completely foreign subject to Rep and Lover?" We were sitting on opposite couches in the living room, I was reading a book and Red was on her phone.

I nodded, pressing my lips together with mild annoyance. "Apparently so".

"Horny bitches. I'm getting my headphones". Red got off the couch and covered her ears before heading upstairs.

I shook my head and sighed, letting myself get absorbed into my book again.

I was quickly interrupted by the appearance of of Poet, who walked in and sad down on the couch. She somehow made her movements so elegant and graceful; I couldn't help but stare.

"Lorie? Hello?" I snapped out of my trance and looked up. Poet was looking at me expectantly.

"Hm? Oh, what is it?"

"I just asked if it's alright if I watch something?"

"Of course, go for it" I gave her a small smile.

"Thanks" Poet picked up the remote, then paused and turned back to me. "Could I ask you something?"

I nodded and put my bookmark in my page while shutting my book.

"Does... everyone here hate me?" She asked. There wasn't any sadness or anger in her expression, just pure curiosity.

"What? Not that I know of, no. How come?"

"It's just a few people. For starters Reputation-"

I shook my head and smiled. "She's just a bit sour when you first meet her. I promise. She was the same with everyone before you".

Poet nodded. "She said that she'd seen beluga whales with more of a tan than me..."

"That's generally unavoidable, I'm afraid. Even when Lover is around. Sorry about the uh... noises upstairs by the way"

We settled into a simple conversation that never became awkward and flowed like a quiet stream.

About 20 minutes in, we were halted by Evermore walking in.

"Lorie, I require your presence for a short while" she stated, rather impatiently.

"Okay... I'll be back in one moment Poet, sorry".

Poet shook her head and smiled. "It's all good, just be quick".

"Will do!" I followed Evermore into the empty kitchen. Her arms were crossed the entire time and there was an inquisitive look on her face. "What's up?" I asked.

"You're confusing me" she said blandly.

"What?"

Evermore leant on the counter. "You've been going on about how much you love Poet for the last few weeks, but I sense something peculiar between you and Speak Now also".

"Me and Poets didn't end up getting together after that date I'll have you know, and as for Speak Now, I don't know what you're referring to. She's apparently dating that psycho you've locked in the basement".

"So you're totally fine seeing Speak Now making out with Beautiful Eyes?"

"No! Not at all, why would I be okay with that?" I snapped, anger starting to flicker within me.

"You just seemed pretty mad after we walked in on them" Evermore shrugged.

I crossed my arms and looked at my sister with a glare. "And you weren't? Beautiful Eyes nearly killed Reputation, she's been helping Karma from the start and is her adopted daughter!"