Chapter 14

"It'sabout time the two of you woke up," Vivian said in the thickest drawl imaginable as Pope and I entered the kitchen. "But I guess after a long night, it's to be expected." She giggled as she returned her attention to wiping down the counters.

Vivian wore a lace-trimmed apron over her floral dress, accentuated with a pearl necklace. She had her classic pantyhose and black heels on. Despite the fact that I was wearing the simple blue dress she'd purchased for me, her proper and elegant attire made me feel underdressed. When I had gone to my room to get ready, the only clothes I could find were dresses or skirts. There wasn't a single pair of pants to be found. I picked the one dress hanging in the closet that seemed casual. Everything else made me feel as if I were about to attend an English tea. Even my undergarments were far too delicate and lacy for my taste. Luckily, she bought me shoes, one pair being simple black flats. I was not a wearer of heels. Long hours on my feet at the diner made the need for heels nonexistent in mylife.

"But you do look lovely today, Demi. So very lovely." She stopped scrubbing and glanced at Pope. "Do you both need breakfast? I saw that the coffee had been made and the breakfast tray gone. Breakfast inbed?"

Pope nodded. "Yes. On the deck. We watched the deer." He seemed so mechanical in his speech. It was obvious that he struggled speaking to his mother when she was acting like Vivian.

"How lovely. I so enjoy that family of deer." She looked at me. "I was thinking of teaching you how to make my great-great-great grandmother's famous peach cobbler. Pope loves this dessert, and the family recipe should remain alive for the next generations tocome."

I nodded and walked over to where a second apron hung over the back of a kitchen chair. "That soundsgood."

Pope studied me for several seconds. "I'm going to go into the shed and finish a project, if that's all right with you? Clear my head abit."

I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.

Vivian also piped in. "You go on, son. This is women's work in here. We'll get lunch prepared and call you when it's ready."

Jesus. This was my life. Cooking in a kitchen all day with an insane elderly woman caught in a fucked up version of Betty Crocker.

The minute Pope stepped outside, Vivian turned to me. She appeared excited as she clapped her hands together. "Oh, child! You did so good last night. So good indeed. I underestimated your skills. You certainly can suck cock with the best of them. It must be all the pornography these days. When I first had to take a cock in my mouth, I didn't know the first thing to do. I actually thought you had to suck it like you would fluid from a straw. Can you imagine I thought such a thing? I was simply hopeless. It took me a lot of tries until I finally felt I got it right. But not you! You are a natural at giving head, child." She giggled for a moment before adding, "You couldn't see the expression in Pope's eyes, but I could. The video doesn't lie. That boy has it bad for you. I knew he would. I simply knewit!"

The thought of Vivian watching me suck off Pope made me sick. Vomit swirled in my throat, and I worried that I would throw up over the clean kitchen floor.

"It's made me rethink my plan, however. We have to keep Pope hooked. You obviously don't have to seduce him into liking you. He clearlyalready does. So, now we have to move on to the second level. Love."

"Have you heard from Richard today?" I asked as I tied the apron in the back ofme.

"No. Why shouldI?"

"Is Maria all right?"

"Why wouldn't shebe?"

I nodded and gave her a weak smile. I didn't want to upset Vivian by pushing for any more information that she noticeably didn't want to offer to me at this time. "Should we begin on the cobbler?"