26

{A MONTH LATER}

Yamini POV:

"Podhum ma! Vayiru full agiruchu!" (Enough ma! I'm already stuffed)! With a mouth full of food, I huffed like a child. After eating three idlies and two ghee-roasted dosas, she is still feeding me Pongal. "Just keep quiet! You need to eat well so that you can be healthy during Function times" She responded with a commanding tone.

After having a stomach, No! Chest-level dinner, I scrawled to my room. The day after tomorrow is my Marriage! Within this one month, everything for the wedding was done! Sent invitations, Arranged Wedding hall and other kinds of stuff. As my soon-to-be husband is already running an Event management, he arranged everything. 

I requested them to keep things simple since I didn't want to spend a week lavishly celebrating our wedding. A simple and royal one was exactly what I needed. We held my engagement in our house. It was done inside a small group of people. Everything was prepared based on my preferences, but I couldn't relax. I'm neither joyful nor sad. My thoughts were filled with a combination of happiness and sadness I was terrified to be apart from my parents and Anna. Even though I'm marrying my childhood love, Aditya Mama, I'm frightened of leaving my family. 

"Hey babe!" A familiar feminine voice came to my ears! Keerthi! She approached and hugged me. We were both resting on my bed. "I did not expect this day to arrive so soon! We're going to celebrate this important phase of your life!" She said in a tone tinged with delight and grief! Her eyes were full of tears! "Fine! I don't want to spoil the whole atmosphere! Well, I need to confess something!" She spoke in a shy tone, which greeted me as strange. 

"I... I'm" Her mobile rang. I saw the mobile displayed Yaazhan's number. "Why this stupid is calling you? Is my mobile out of network" I took my mobile and checked. But everything was alright! I was seeing her with a truck full of befuddlement. "Your... Umm.. I..." Again her mobile rang which interrupted us. It was Yaazhan again! "Give me! " I groped the mobile from her and answered the call. 

And, The thing that happened traumatized me! "muah muah muah" His voice in this kissing tone, I was hearing for the first time in my life! I threw her mobile on the bed and looked at her. She was hiding her face with her hands!

" Ithu Epola irunthu?" (When did this start?) I asked her without coming out from the shock. "It was started because of you Idiot!" She replied with a shy smile, which really looked weird to me! 

"The day you lied to him about my internship at Chennai and girls' night out, He gave a request to me on Insta. I managed to help you at that time. And, It all started with replying to his stories! " She entwined her fingers and gave a shy look which I never wanted to see again! 

"Vekka padatha di! Kevalama iruku!" (Don't get shy! It looks weird!). We let out a laugh and teased each other. Now, I'm happy as I get to know that, Keerthi, My best friend will be my Anni (Brother's wife) and there won't be any misunderstandings between us in the future! Thank god! "As you're only 2 months older than me, I won't call you Anni!" I told her dramatically to which we both laughed. 

WEDDING!

Aditya POV:

Aditya POV:

She was sauntering toward the stage. I couldn't take my gaze off her. Her red silk saree, along with her wedding makeover, which only enhanced her innate beauty, made me freeze even as I sat in front of the fire pit. (Agni) She was successful in attracting me as my Jaw dropped after seeing her demeanor. She smiled and looked at me! I could not believe my eyes. I am getting married to my Mini! My angel!

She raised her eyebrows at me as she playfully pounded my arm with her elbow. I knew she was inquiring about her makeup! I literally nodded in surprise and whispered into her ears. "You appear gorgeous, Mini! You look like an angel in a saree! My very little angel!"  I saw her lips controlling her smile in a shy way. Aiyo Koldraley! (She is killing me). 

We both followed the pre-wedding rituals, as said by the purohit. After a while, the Purohit took the Thaali (Nuptial chain) and handed it over to me. My heart was beating fast as If I had run about  10km. Before tying the nuptial chain, I wanted to surrender myself to her. 

"I am Aditya Kumar, I want to spend the rest of my life with you! Regardless of the challenges, I promise you that I will be with you in all of your joy and grief! I surrender myself over to you! Thank you for providing me with a lovely life I never imagined! I will be forever grateful to you and love you till my last breath."

 With tears in my eyes and a trembling voice, I promised my Mini what I intended to accomplish. I can see her repressing her tears, which were already engulfing her eyesight. I kissed her forehead which is one of my desire. 

"Shall I?" 

I showed the nuptial chain to her, and with a little smile, She nodded her head as yes. As the purohit asked the Melam and Nadhaswaram (Equipment they'll play during Tamil wedding) to bang, They started to bang it continuously. I tied the three knots on the Thaali by myself, not letting anyone even touch it! Coz, I believe that This thing which symbolizes our relationship should have the fortune of only two of us! Only Her and I.

Followed by applying vermillion on her partition, we walked around the fire which they say is evidence of our marriage. And now, We are officially married! 

"Congratulations on turning as Yamini Aditya Kumar! Be a good wife and responsible Daughter-in-law. " A voice from the relative's side reached us. 

"She is Yamini! I'll never change her identity like the other common men! And, there is no need to change her character to favor me or my parents. We know about each other and we fell in love with our character. She will be an independent woman, and I'll be her supporting husband. Finally, I'll never allow anyone to induce their ideologies on us! We will be ourselves. Thank you all for your blessings" My Stern voice filled the Mandap as they started to advise us with their Boomerism Ideologies. I'll never allow anyone to hurt her, which her father felt about. 

After getting blessings from our parents, It was a great moment as everyone was smiling to their ears. We were in the wedding hall until the afternoon, receiving Gifts and cash offerings from our relatives and friends and taking photos. 

"Veshti la iruka enakey Tired ah iruku! Epdi di intha heavy outfit la unnala nikka mudithu?" (Even in this Dhoti, I get tired! How are you managing to even stand in this heavy outfit?) I asked out of curiosity, as she looked a little tired. I took out my kerchief and wiped her forehead and nose, as the vermillion powder scattered there. 

"Azhaga Iruka di!" (You are beautiful!) I said looking at her eyes! I was literally drowned in her eyes. As I previously stated, this black orb is as dangerous as a black hole, capable of engulfing me completely without leaving crumbs. The flash of the camera disturbed us, as the cameraman took a picture of us. 

"You both look perfect sir!" He complimented us, which made us smile. We played some games, which they used to conduct between married couples as Taking the ring from the pot full of water, Feeding each other with blindfolds, and Finding my name tattooed in Mehndi between the designs. After having a Full meal of lunch, We started to move back to the home as there were some procedures to do. 

Are you all Happy about their marriage? And about our double update?😁

Don't forget to vote, If the story makes you smile! 🥰

See you in the next chapter! Tata lovelies.🌼😊❤️