Chapter 22 Millie

After the amazing dinner we had, we arrived at the building. 

"okay bye love you." I say walking to my door, avoiding the conversation we were gonna have before we went out.

"baby.... can we talk about something before you go back?" I'm hoping he won't talk about it. 

"yes?" He places his hand on my arm, using his thumb to draw circles around my skin

"can you... stay with me tonight?" I gulp quietly, this means we'll have to talk about it I've been trying to avoid it but I want to stay with him. 

"please....? just tonight.... I swear ill let you leave if you go back to your place."

"fine." I place my hand in his, as I intertwine our fingers together. He gives my hand a little squeeze. 

"lets go in, then."

We make our way inside the apartment and he leads me to the bedroom. I grab my pjamas from his closet. He takes a seat on the edge of my bead, as I go into the bathroom to change. I come out of the bathroom with my long sleeved pjamas, all my outfits are long sleeved.

"come here, baby." I make my way towards him. He pats his lap gesturing for me to sit down. I do, then he pulls me closer so now I'm straddling his lap. He keeps his arms around me, his fingers slowly rubbing my back. 

"can we talk now?" I avoid eye-contact. 

"about?" He speaks in a soft tone. 

"I think you know what I want to talk about, baby." yeah I do know he wants to know about my stupid past.

"what do you want to know?" I gulp once again. He lets out a quiet sigh. He slowly moves his hand to cup my jaw, his thumb rubbing against my skin as he slowly tilts my head up so that I'm looking at him.

"I want to know why you won't wear anything other than your long sleeved pjamas lately." I let out a relived sigh, thanking god he's not asking about the conversation we had before heading out.

"my pjamas and all my normal outfits are all long sleeved." I shrug telling the truth

"yeah, I can see that... you haven't worn any short sleeved or sleeveless outfits at all lately... why is that?"

"I don't have any short sleeved outfits." I could tell he doesn't believe me. 

"I seriously don't, I threw them all away when I moved here."

"wait.... you threw out all your short sleeved outfits? why?" 

"yeah, they were grown out on me."

"baby... you threw out ALL of your short sleeved outfits just because they were a little big on you?"

"small."

"just because they were a few sizes too small? you couldn't keep them for lounging at home at least?"

"I gave them to the poor." He scoffs.

"and you had to throw out all of them? you couldn't keep at least one of them?"

"one they were ugly two they were small."

"who the hell cares if they were small and ugly, baby?! you could still keep them just for lounging at home, right?!"

"why would I keep them when I know I won't wear them." His grip tightens around me and it hurts so I close my eyes, biting the inside of my cheek.

"so you didn't have a single night at home where you wanted to lounge around in your short sleeved outfits? not a single night, baby?" He probably notices that I closed my eyes and bit my cheeks, because he loosened his grip.