chapter 13

the day after the tournament i woke up feeling like death, volleyball really killed my muscles. i groan while getting a epsom salt bath ready. putting my music on shuffle the first song that comes on is joji- slow dancing in the dark, i throw my hair up into a bun before lowering myself into the tub. a sharp breathe escapes my mouth as i soak into the water.

taking in the soothing feeling of the bath and also the music i lie there daydreaming about the date that is yet to come. before realizing it my cheeks dust a tinge of pink. wondering what as become of me, but also cautious because of the oikawa experience.

the blush slowly leaves my face as i think of the possibilities of cheating occurring again. or rather false hopes and love. but before I dampen my mood any further, i remind myself that it is only our first date "do not expect much just yet y/n" i whisper to myself. sighing before getting out of my comfort bath, i make my way out to the kitchen to find tadashi sitting with tsukishima at the table playing cards while drinking tea. a giggle almost escapes my mouth as i turn to open the fridge to find something to snack on.

"you guys are old grandpas in disguise." I say before grabbing the basket of strawberries.

"if u want to play with us than just say so" tsukishima glares before throwing his card down. tadashi doesn't bother looking my way but makes it obvious that he's nodding his head in agreement.

"maybe in 40 years time." I say before making my way back to my room.

as I reached my room, my phone vibrated.

*new message*

koushi: hey

me: hi! how are you feeling?

koushi: aside from a slight aching, im fine. hby?

me: completely sore, ended up taking an epsom salt bath to try ease the pain lol

koushi: that bad huh? well i hope you recover fast. dont forget to stay hydrated. <3

me: <3
**

i stare at my phone and before i knew it. i was drifting off into a deep sleep. time flies by and i am woken from an abrupt knock at my door.

"y/n if you dont wake up soon you'll be late." tadashi peaks his head through the door before closing it again.

completely confused i grab my phone and read the time. 7:23AM. not another second goes by and i race out of my room, flying by tadashi to beat him to the bathroom.

"y/n! you little-" tadashi tries pry the bathroom door open. we fight to both open and close the door.

"tadashi please give it up, i need it first, YOURE WASTING MY TIIMMMEEE" i yell.

"FINE TEN MINUTES Y/N! i swear I should've let you sleep in" tadashi finally eases off the door as i lock it. I jump into the shower glad it wasn't a hair day.
after finishing, i race back to my room. i slide past a glaring tadashi and i shoot a quick smile before proceeding on my way.

within a matter of minutes I am dressed in my uniform and just finishing up with my makeup when tadashi walks out the front door. catching up with him, he stares at me.

"im impressed, that is the fastest I've ever seen you get ready before" tadashi laughs as he juggles a orange in his hand.

"I would've been 2 minutes faster if you just gave me the bathroom in the first place" i say while grabbing his orange mid air.

finally we meet up with tsukishima and he nods his head in greeting.

"wow no snarky remark this morning? are you feeling well?" I furrow my brows at him.