O16

ryo was nearing his house, the familiar streetlights coming into view. his phone buzzed, a message from his brother popped up on the screen. he sighed.

he hurried into the house, his eyes darting around their room in search of a particular folder and a flash drive. he threw open a cabinet, snagged the flash drive, and shoved it into his pocket. grasping the folder tightly, he spun and headed out.

just as he was about to leave, a glint of white caught his eye. it was his earphones, peeking out from beside his mini bookshelf on the table. with a yawn, he snatched them up before leaving.

sakuya saw how the male locked his gates outside. he timed and appeared in front of him.

i know what you're going to say, but don't.

the male paused in plugging one of his earphones inside his ear, ❝if you're just going to piss me off with some dumb shit you got yourself into,❞ he glanced down at the other until it stopped at the flowers he's been holding. he went back up and blankly stared at sakuya's eyes before rejecting. ❝i'm not interested.

but i haven't said anything yet!

the male waved his hands goodbye in a mocking way before leaving and plugging his earphones in. ❝may you live in misery.

ryo you asshole!

the asshole halted his tracks, ❝what did you say?

oh you heard that..?

sakuya took a sharp breath. he felt a weird tension in the air. it felt strange and uncomfortable, ❝s-so i was saying err—i want to talk to you..

ryo snorted. ❝talk?❞ he spun around to face him, ❝you just want to rub it in that you won.❞ sakuya looked genuinely confused and took a step back, wary. ryo pointed at the flowers, ❝you even brought a perfect prop to mock me.

what the hell are you even talking about?

look, i get it. just fucking go and brag to everyone that he's yours.

sakuya sighed, exasperated. ❝okay first of all, can you shut the hell up for a minute?❞ ryo was taken aback by his sharp tone.

sakuya narrowed the gap between them, his hand reaching out to clasp ryo's free one. he firmly placed the flowers in ryo's grasp. ❝i'm giving this to you.

like i fucking said, you don't have to shove—

oh my god, i'm not done!

ryo rolled his eyes, getting impatient. sakuya on the other hand tried his best to concentrate. ❝i want to ask you out.

he locked eyes with ryo. mustering up the courage to stay and wait for a response.

it took him a minute to process that, ❝you're joking, right?❞ ryo raised on of his brows. sakuya just smiled at him, ❝to show my commitment, i'll be honest with you.

sakuya stuck his hand out, ❝my name is sakuya. i love to eat especially bread tissues and croissant because they're my favorite. sorry if i teased you too much whenever we play.. but i don't regret it though. you're too cute when you argue and try to win so hard.❞ sakuya chuckled. just thinking about those times made his cheekbones sore.

the confusing bits and pieces, all scattered for so long, suddenly clicked together as sakuya spoke. it was exactly what ryo thought, way too real. he couldn't believe it. a million questions clawed at his throat, but the words wouldn't come out. there was just too much to take in at once.