15. A Strange Comfort

"I'll never accept it"

Rua's pov

Sitting in the luxurious dining chair, I felt a strange mix of relief and hunger,of course I haven't eaten anything since last twenty hours. The penthouse seems silent and implacable like it's owner,whose presence doesn't seem suffocating but at the same time it doesn't matter.

I finally did it.

'yeah! The wait was fucking long'

My demon growl in agreement. I waited for so long to teach that bastard a lesson. I imagined doing all those things to him uncountable times. Maybe now the disgust that was running in my nerves due to his touch will lessen.

It's been years but still those memories make me sick with disgust and helplessness.

I promise I'll never be that much week and pathetic again in my life.

Feeling the another wave of ache in my head I scooped out the juicy, refreshing fruit, savoring it completely as it helped in ease the hunger gnawing at me.

As i eat the watermelon while avoiding each and every possible seed with whole concentration my side eyes caught him coming towards me. He held a black t-shirt in his hands, a silent reminder of the bloodstains on my clothes.

"Here" he said passing me the t-shirt. I looked up at him and a sudden surge of disagreement bubbled inside me.

"Don't you dare touch me again"

I spat venomously. My voice was sharp and defensive, a reflexive response to the memory of him carrying me to his penthouse after I'd fainted.

"Alright"

He simply smiled at me while answering after looking into my eyes. It was a calm, almost amused smile that didn't fit the situation at all.

"I won't touch you, but I'll cook for you."

His response caught me completely off guard. I half blinked, trying to process his words. Cooking for me?

After learning my lesson for good,all my life, I never expected anything from anyone. My goals were all that mattered, and the hurt or problems of the moment were just obstacles to be overcome.

I had expected him to question me, or perhaps tell me that I owed him something for what he had done. But instead, he just listened and agreed to whatever I said, showing no sign of resentment.

As he pass me the t-shirt, my inner demon seemed to growl in amusement at the absurdity of the situation. I couldn't quite figure out his motives or why he seems so different from him.

He is nothing like him.

Not even a bit.

'what a shame!" the demon whispers with pity in her voice while laughing at me.

I don't think it matters anyways because I was too tired to care. The unexpected kindness from him is so foreign that it left me unsettled but i don't care.

'huh! You never do and that's best for you' the demon scoffed.

I'll end it as soon as my motive will end.

"I never thought we can eat watermelon like this too"

He said as i took another bite of watermelon.

I look at him again as he speak, directly into his eyes to depict what did he want. I know my motives and i just care about them but there has to be something that he wants too.