fifty eight

comment comment comment ty ☺️☺️☺️☺️

It was currently the next morning and the girl had been awake since 8 am. The boy woke up shortly after her, telling her a simple 'morning' as he pulled himself up from the bed.

She heard him shower and brush his teeth in her bathroom before walking back into her room all fully dressed, ready for his flight.

He then grabbed his stuff without saying anything and as she noticed him being all ready, she finally got up from her bed only for him to hold the door open for her to lead him through her house.

The duo got to the door where the driver was already waiting for him as he offered him to grab his baggage, her mother soon appearing around the corner as if she was waiting for the couple to give her a sign of him leaving.

"is jude leaving?", she asked her daughter in a rushed tone.

"yeah."

She then rushed over to them, calling her father and siblings to come downstairs to say goodbye.

Her father was the first one to walk up to him as he gave him a "brotherly" hug, patting his back. "come around soon, son."

Jude's awkward laugh has reminded her that her parents had happened not to know about their break up yet, creating this awkward situation and still building up their hope inside of them of him actually coming in to visit anytime soon.

But he then ducked down a little bit and hugged her mother gently as she handed in a small bag with a few pieces of cake inside of it for the airport. "eat up and let me know if it was good."

"will do", he smiled.

Right.

It was then Maven and Naia's turn to say goodbye. Each of the girls called out a simple "bye jude!", to which he replied with a simple "bye" as he smiled at everyone with a little wave to his hand.

As everyone had told their goodbyes and she was the last one left, the ex couple stared at each other in silence, not knowing on what to do next and as they stared at each other like this, she spent the last few seconds on taking in each of his smallest features.

She even noticed the heavy dark circles under his eyes and she was left wondering if he maybe wasn't actually asleep last night, because no person on earth who had just slept for 10 hours would've had such dark circles under their eyes.

Yet her thoughts disappeared in a matter of seconds as she noticed the boy heading towards her. He then opened his arms, pulling her into the biggest hug in a matter of seconds.

The girl threw her hands around him with a little hint of hesitation and for the first time, the hug had actually felt like the final goodbye.

For the slightest second she heard the boy's shaky breath in their embrace and that's when the tears, that she had been pushing back all along, started flooding her face, one after another, making everything become blurry.

"sir, we've got to go", the older man from his van called out, interrupting their moment.

Jude suddenly pulled away, quickly brushing the flooding tears from under her eyes away as he nodded everyone the final goodbye before stepping out and walking towards the van.

Nalani and her family stepped out of the house aswell, looking at the boy and his driver as they slowly entered the van.

"do you already know when he's coming again?", her mother ducked down to be at the height of her daughters ear as she asked her the question quietly.