Ch# 8 - MELTING POINT

As the sun began to set, Hanbin dragged himself out of bed, feeling the lingering soreness from the previous day's activities. But he couldn't help the small smile that tugged at his lips. Today he was going to see Zhang Hao again, and that made the soreness worth it.

He started getting dressed, choosing an outfit he thought was nice but casual. While brushing his teeth, his phone buzzed on the bathroom counter. Hanbin spat out the toothpaste and wiped his mouth before picking up his phone to check the notifications.

A new message in the group chat caught his eye, the one with Gunwook, Ricky, Taerae, Gyuvin, and Matthew. The messages were full of complaints about Hao being stubborn and insistent on going to the movies.

╔══════════════════════════╗

Anti-idiot community🌹💙

Gunwook: Hao is so stubborn, seriously. I still can't believe he's making us watch some lame-ass movie. My body is screaming for mercy!

Matthew: Tell me about it. My legs are literally doing jelly pop. Why couldn't we just meet up later in the week?

Taerae: He's too enthusiastic sometimes. It's just a movie; we can skip it, right?

Gyuvin: You guys sound like old men. We survived yesterday; we can survive a couple of hours sitting down!

Hanbin: Come on, guys, don't be so harsh on Hao. He just wants us all to hang out together. Besides, it's not like we're running a marathon.

Ricky: You always defend him, Hanbin. I'm starting to think you're biased. 😏

Taerae: Ooh, someone's got a soft spot.

Hanbin: Shut up, you guys. Just get your asses there.

╚══════════════════════════╝

Hanbin chuckled, shaking his head at his friends' antics. He appreciated their humor but also felt the need to stand up for Zhang Hao. Deep down, he was looking forward to the movie night, no matter how much they joked about it.

Later, as the sun dipped below the horizon, Zhang Hao and Jiwoong arrived at the movie theater. The neon lights flickered to life, casting a colorful glow over the entrance. Jiwoong adjusted his jacket, glancing around. Zhang Hao, on the other hand, was practically bouncing on his feet.

"Where the hell are Hanbin and his friends?" Hao grumbled, pulling out his phone to call them.

Jiwoong stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. "Relax, they'll be here. No need to be so impatient."

Hao raised an eyebrow, confused. "They're late, though."

Jiwoong sighed, turning to Hao. "Just a heads-up, you should remember that Hanbin is Minnie's boyfriend."

Hao blinked, still puzzled. "Yeah, I know that. What's your point?"

"It seems you keep forgetting," Jiwoong said slowly, his tone serious. "This isn't that single Hanbin you saw at the cafe. He's taken now, by your sister. So, you better get over whatever feelings you have. Hanbin's not available."

Hao looked away, his heart pounding louder than he'd like. "I know, Jiwoong. I won't mess it up. I just—" He stopped himself, taking a deep breath. "I won't mess up."